Make £10 a day March 2017 - everybody most welcome to join

Comments

• Hello everyone

Mum is fine. Surgery went well. I think she will be sorry to go home - she is loving the company on the ward. They don't keep people in long after surgery do they - home tomorrow.

On the money raising front - I haven't done anything ....but I've got £250 extra without even trying :eek: I got an email at work....25 years long service award, please come and collect your gift vouchers ......you've never seen anyone move so fast :rotfl:

I am going to use the vouchers towards buying Christmas presents.....so this is going in my Xmas 2017 challenge pot

Good news about your Mum:T. Sending hugs all round.

What a brilliant result, £250 in vouchers:j. Sounds like a great place to work and you sound like a lovely loyal employee:beer:. I can't imagine staying 25 years at most of the places I've worked in the past;)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    All in all, FatVonD, I don't think I've been a lot of help to you:o

Thank you :D

Another question, please, if you don't mind... I think it is you that does the table top sales(?) I have managed to locate one near to home, I'm doing it next month and it will only be their second and I've never done one before. What are people normally selling and do they price it up or is it more an 'off the top of your head' pricing system like at a car boot sale?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good news about your Mum:T. Sending hugs all round.

What a brilliant result, £250 in vouchers:j. Sounds like a great place to work and you sound like a lovely loyal employee:beer:. I can't imagine staying 25 years at most of the places I've worked in the past;)

Same employers - several different roles in several different departments. I couldn't have stayed in one job that long. I was potentially up for redundancy just over a year ago but was redeployed. Great news for the finances but I do not like my current role....but it pays the bills. I was looking for a new job but figured I'd stick where I am (or move within the same company). Pension alone makes it worth sticking out.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes to my mum :beer:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • sexylulubelle
    sexylulubelle Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just a quick check in to say hi sounds like you all have been very productive this week :T
    I've been a busy bee today, after receiving a letter from our energy supplier to say our electricity will be going up by £100 p/a:mad: I''ve been on some comparison sites and by switching to a new supplier will save a whopping £213 a year :eek: so I've done just that... can't add the amount to my savings for march but i can squirrel away £23 a month to go in an emergency fund, very happy with this result. Oh and have finally got around to extracting the mini oven from the junk cupboard ready for selling.
    LOVE isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live WITHOUT :heart:
  • £35 made cleaning today and I've done it! Pretty proud of my first month! £318.65/£310 will keep going anyway and hopefully will have a lucky month next month too!
    Sealed pot challenge 10 - 123 : )
    It all started with a penny and a pot..
    MFW 2017 #107 £934.50/£3000
    Remaining balance £157,719.60
  • Sugarplum634
    Sugarplum634 Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Hiya
    Just a quick update and a can i count it Question.
    Won 2 months nowtv on snatch..someone else's parcel too! Going to gift it to my friend instead of a birthday pressie cos i really can't afford/don't want pay for tv. Can I count it?

Waiting on £10 from swags but got £5 yest and a £5 MOC from snatch for prezzybox so that's a nice chunk of the obligatory mothers day pressie and a 2p petrol gain.
    £17.03
    Make £520 a year in 2020 so far (£0 cash £0 AGC)

(2019,£481.69) (2018, no idea!) ( 2017 £673.20) (2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)

Penny challenge: 21/366 (66.70/671.61)
    NSD 7/150
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening peoples :hello:
    Just a quick check in to say hi sounds like you all have been very productive this week :T
    I've been a busy bee today, after receiving a letter from our energy supplier to say our electricity will be going up by £100 p/a:mad: I''ve been on some comparison sites and by switching to a new supplier will save a whopping £213 a year :eek: so I've done just that... can't add the amount to my savings for march but i can squirrel away £23 a month to go in an emergency fund, very happy with this result. Oh and have finally got around to extracting the mini oven from the junk cupboard ready for selling.
    That's a fantastic saving - well done :T :T Hope you don't have to pay any 'get-out' fees to your original supplier. I think Aesop has said you can count the first month's savings in such circumstances - I'm sure she'll confirm when next about :)
    £35 made cleaning today and I've done it! Pretty proud of my first month! £318.65/£310 will keep going anyway and hopefully will have a lucky month next month too!
    Brilliant news from you as well - well done :T :T You can up your target for the month if you need the motivation ;)
    Hiya
    Just a quick update and a can i count it Question.
    Won 2 months nowtv on snatch..someone else's parcel too! Going to gift it to my friend instead of a birthday pressie cos i really can't afford/don't want pay for tv. Can I count it?

Waiting on £10 from swags but got £5 yest and a £5 MOC from snatch for prezzybox so that's a nice chunk of the obligatory mothers day pressie and a 2p petrol gain.
    £17.03
    As you are going to use it to gift instead of buying a pressie I'm sure it'll be okay to count it :D

Just realised that I have made my reduced target this month :j So now I can go on my holibobs happy :rotfl:

Hope you all have an absolutely fandabadosy couple of weeks and make loadsa dosh whilst I'm away having to put up with sunshine and tapas (probably a couple or three glasses of the vino as well).

So be good alls of you - I'll try to pop in whilst away
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Congratulations on making your new target, Lynne:T:j

Just remembered that it's tomorrow that you're going away. Couldn't let you go without wishing you a brilliant time so I hope you might pop in here before you leave and see this. You really deserve a holiday what with your past eye problems, tech issues and helping and encouraging us lot:A

We'll try our best to be good little moneymakers in your absence;).
    lynnejk wrote: »

Hope you all have an absolutely fandabadosy couple of weeks and make loadsa dosh whilst I'm away having to put up with sunshine and tapas (probably a couple or three glasses of the vino as well).

As for the sunshine, tapas and vino, who needs them? Only joking, now where's that green with envy emoji?:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 17 March 2017 at 4:07AM
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Thank you :D

Another question, please, if you don't mind... I think it is you that does the table top sales(?) I have managed to locate one near to home, I'm doing it next month and it will only be their second and I've never done one before. What are people normally selling and do they price it up or is it more an 'off the top of your head' pricing system like at a car boot sale?

Always happy to help if I can:)

Personally, I very rarely price anything up whether its a car boot or tabletop sale. Some people go to the trouble of writing labels for every single thing so it's just a matter of choice really. The only time I put prices on is if I've got boxes of items for people to rummage through, in which case I might put a sign on the box 'everything 50p each' or whatever price it is. Likewise with cheap paperback books if I'm doing a multi-buy offer, something like '40p each, any 3 for £1' type of thing.

If you are selling fairly expensive books that are obviously not just worth a few pennies each then it's a good idea to pricemark. You can always accept a lesser offer, nothing's set in stone.

One exception to pricemarking (I seem to have made a few already:rotfl:) is expensive stuff such as when I tried to sell my 'as new' breadmaker. I wanted to make it obvious that I wasn't selling it for loose change:eek:. If I do price stuff like that up and see people looking and then making to walk away I usually call after them and say I'm prepared to take a slightly lesser offer.

I'm prepared to be flexible on most prices as my aim is to clear the stuff not take most of it home again;)

As for your question about what people are normally selling, well I've no real answer to that. Could be anything at all but remember that you'll have much less room to spread your items out, unlike a car boot sale. Depends on the space allowed but you'll possibly just have the table and a bit of space on the floor. It's not usually possible to spread much out on the ground as it impedes movement in a confined space.

Another point is that you'll have to carry everything in to the venue from your car which isn't easy if you've had to park a fair distance from the door. You'll need a few trips back and forth to the car so don't take anything too bulky or heavy. Been there, done that:eek:. Nightmare getting everything in and set up. There is often only about 30 minutes between the doors opening for sellers and them letting the buyers in. But again, all sales are different.

I've got some plastic lidded storage boxes that I stash everything into, makes transferring between car and hall a lot easier. I tend to sell light, soft items such as sewing materials etc, other craft stuff, CDs and DVDs, books, jewellery, smallish bric a brac, small bits of tech, toiletries and perfumes (unwanted gifts). Some people set up a folding clothes rail and sell clothes but check with the organiser that there'll be room for you to set one up.

One word of caution:o. As it's a new venue it might not have an established clientele or even be well publicised and there may be very few buyers. Don't expect too much. I don't want to put a dampener on things for you but I've sold at 'new' venues in the past and at one I made the princely sum of £6 profit:eek:. I only made that much by selling to the adjacent seller. Your sale might be totally different though, with a mass of buyers all hungry for a local table top sale. I hope so:beer:
  • angelicious
    angelicious Posts: 226 Forumite
    Quick update again, another £216 from overtime. No progress on the decluttering/sales front but hoping to do a wee bit of decluttering this evening when I get home from work. It's a bank holiday here so am getting double time:D, it's totally miserable here as well so don't mind working.

Might spend some time this evening looking into changing banks, ISA and credit cards etc to see if I can bring a wee bit of money that way. Holiday, car and early retirement planning are great motivators;)
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport