PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Major - get rid of mandolin?

Evening all, a quick question if I may. I'm trying to declutter and get rid of items I don't need and rehouse them to new homes. I have a tbh rarely used mandolin and a kenwood major with a food processor attachment (which so far has never been used - not quite sure why - this needs to be remedied). If I get my head into gear, could I use this for my chopping requirements. The mandolin is mainly used for thinly slicing cucumber and carrots. Sorry for the dumb question.
I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If you have never used the processor then there has to be a reason. Is it because it's a flaff to get out and assemble? If so then keep the mandolin

My processor is used all the time so sits out and is plugged in ready to go so if I need something thin sliced or grated its second nature to use it
  • I have a Kenwood chef (similar to the Major but smaller) and up until recently I had a food processor with slicing/grating discs. I also have a mandoline.

I used the blade of the food processor often but never ever used the slicing discs or used it to grate anything. I've now replaced it with a Thermomix (took a lot of overtime!) which only has the blades, it chops but doesn't slice, and I haven't missed the old food processor at all. I do however still use the mandoline very often. It's far easier to clean, less hassle and you don't get the big lumps that always escape into the food processor. I would never get rid of my mandoline. It hangs on a rail along with all my utensils and the mouli I use for making mashed potato so it doesn't take up cupboard space in my tiny kitchen and is always ready to grab.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure