Lloyds TSB: When do debits and credits 'show'

Hi everybody:wave:

I have just switched to Lloyds TSB (Standard Classic Account) from Natwest and have a quick question....

With Natwest debits and credits show when I log in over the weekend. For example - if a direct debit or standing order date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday it's reflected in my available balance on a Saturday morning. Conversely if a salary credit is due and the date it's due falls on is a weekend day or Monday it shows on a Saturday morning. This suited me perfectly,

Does anyone know if the situation is the same with Lloyds TSB? I have read through all the t's and c's - nothing is mentioned - also asked an advisor over the phone and she didn't understand what I meant. Hopefully one of you knowledgeable peeps will!

Thank you

Piglet
LBM Nov 07
Challenges: A Payment A Day Challenge 2012 Joined 08.03.12
PADding Total:March £57.65 April £10.10
DFWNerd - 1041-Proud to be dealing with my debts!
Pesky CC March 2012 £2916.73:eek:
Debt@March 2012 (inc OD) £5615 DFD self imposed target Feb 2014

Comments

• Osarkon
    Osarkon Posts: 99 Forumite
    I don't believe the situation is the same. I switched to lloyds and they're much the same as HSBC and Barclays in that it won't show.

I think (but happy to be corrected) that natwest are the only bank to do this.

Shame really, as it would be useful to have.
  • Hi

Thanks for that! So when do credits and debits show? Need to know as I'm due to be paid on Monday 24th December.... at the mo if I keep salary credit with Natwest I can shop for the last few little bits and pieces on Saturday 22nd December. If I transfer salary credit from Natwest to Lloyds immediately then I need to budget an extra £150 from this month's salary credit to cover everything.

Piglet
    LBM Nov 07
  • My wages never show until the day they are due but if I have DD's coming out on a Monday, they will show as being taken on the Sunday...albeit with a Monday date on :)
  • Normally in my experience they show on the day.

For example, I'm paid this Wednesday. That credit won't show on my account in any shape or form (including pending payments) until Wednesday when the money hits my account.

Hope that helps!
  • out of interest and apols if you think I'm being too nosey - why did you move from NatWest when you liked this particular "benefit". Were there other over-riding issues that swayed you or an enticement from Lloyds ?

Thanks

Miss H
  • Don't apologise! I separated from oh 2 half years ago and have just started divorce proceedings - currently natwest account is joint but he doesn't use it however recent events over last couple of weeks have caused me to feel that he might.... Natwest can't make the account into sole account in my name as there is an overdrawn balance on account (agreed overdraft) and nor will they offer me anything other than a basic account which has restrictions on which cash machines I can use. So - stuck the proverbial pin in the page (avoiding Santander lol) and picked lloyds. I like the idea of their 'saving the pennies' but other than that, given what I'm likely to be crediting the account, nothing to choose between LTSB, HSBC and Barclays.......

Piglet
    LBM Nov 07
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    I quite often receive money by BACS transfer into my Lloyds account and I don't remember ever seeing that it is on its way before it shows up as part of my available balance. If I pay in cheques, I think those do show as available before they have cleared.

If the problem is that you need to have access to money on that Saturday, would it be possible to arrange an agreed overdraft on the account?
  • Thank you tyllwyd....

Computer says no! I did ask if that meant there was a CPD marker on the account but was told no there wasn't. Just to run the account within their T's and C's and they would re-assess in 6 months.

However! My employers have confirmed that they are paying staff on 21st December anyway (and not 24th) so panic over.

Piglet
    LBM Nov 07
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Osarkon wrote: »
    I think (but happy to be corrected) that natwest are the only bank to do this.
    Not sure if it's still the case, but Yorkshire Bank (and hence Clydesdale Bank?) used to operate the same system.

Credits, SOs, and DDs (and presumably future dated bill payments?) scheduled to arrive/depart on Monday were visible online from 10:30pm Friday, and included in your available balance throughout the weekend.
  • scotsio
    scotsio Posts: 42
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is this the same for HBOS customers too then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure