30/9 8.1
    1/10 2.7
    2/10 6.6
    3/10 7.2
    4/10 8.2
    5/10 6.6
    6/10 9.7
    7/10 8.0

OK early days yet but I feel I'm not going to get the 90% of a south facing installation claimed. What the heck!
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Friday was a pretty dismal day with a mere 4.4kWh, but Saturday continued its recent form of being the best day of the week in Cider Country with a mighty 18.6kWh. Today didn't quite live up to expectations with a 12.4kWh but can't complain as it helped us notch up 81.2kWh for the first week of the month (only fractionally behind September's average performance). I need to check my spreadsheet but I think we've already clocked up 40%+ of our October PVGIS estimate, which isn't too bad when we're 22.5% through the month.

Over those 3 days our ImmerSUN has diverted 1.432kWh (33% of generation), 9.881kWh (53%) - which is a new record - and 6.203kWh (50%) of spare power into the hot water tank.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    As best I can make out, given the unreliable readings from the Aurora Desktop;
    Friday 5/10 6.5 kWh
    Saturday 6/10 7.5 kWh
    Today 7.7 kWh; but it all adds up correct on the Gen Meter:rotfl:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1echidna wrote: »
    My system installed on 28th September

Panels Tianwei, 8 East 9 West, inclination 30 degrees

3.995 kWp
    3124kWh predicted annual production

OK early days yet but I feel I'm not going to get the 90% of a south facing installation claimed. What the heck!

Hiya, hope you're having PV fun. But be warned this thread is the start of a long slippery slope, possibly into the waiting arms of a nice warm anorak!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but due East/West are probably closer to 80% of due South, not 90%. Also it will be more summer friendly, than winter. :(

But, a longer flatter generation curve might allow you a slightly more usuable generation / consumption. :)

If you haven't already done it, try PVGIS to get a really good estimate on annual generation. There's a mini tutorial here (Section 5):-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872445

Can I be nosey and just ask what inverter you have with that configuration?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • 1echidna
    1echidna Posts: 23,086 Forumite
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Hiya, hope you're having PV fun. But be warned this thread is the start of a long slippery slope, possibly into the waiting arms of a nice warm anorak!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but due East/West are probably closer to 80% of due South, not 90%. Also it will be more summer friendly, than winter. :(

But, a longer flatter generation curve might allow you a slightly more usuable generation / consumption. :)

If you haven't already done it, try PVGIS to get a really good estimate on annual generation. There's a mini tutorial here (Section 5):-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3872445

Can I be nosey and just ask what inverter you have with that configuration?

Mart.

Thanks Martyn
    The inverter is an Aurora PVI 3.6 OUTD

I thought the 90% was improbable but the salesman was adamant and waffled on about latest and greatest panel technology.

Got into trouble with the OH for arguing with a previous salesman about a return of 6 to 7% being analogous to having the same return on money in the bank. Its not because the money isn't there to withdrawer after ten years or whatever but he wouldn't acknowledge this. Personally I think its mis selling and the FSA should be onto them about it. Anyway we got our system and other half can't believe I actually agreed to buy it, so I might as well get some fun out of it (if you call filling in a FIT form fun). I could tell if we hadn't bought one she would be on to me for ever more about us not being green enough. For gawd's sake she wanted a green roof on our extension!
  • diode_2
    diode_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi 1echidna

I have an east west system installed 4/7/12 .Thought you may be interested in my Oct results.
    ]

Date kwh
    1/10 2.94
    2/10 6.51
    3/10 6.28
    4/10 10.68
    5/10 5.75
    6/10 10.0
    7/10 9.24

1,257.52 kwh so far. Welcome to the sun watchers.
    4KW 20 E T panels 3.6tl sunny SMA inverter 3960kw system. 50/50 split. east/west. 27 deg roof:wave::wave:
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1echidna wrote: »
    Thanks Martyn
    The inverter is an Aurora PVI 3.6 OUTD

I thought the 90% was improbable but the salesman was adamant and waffled on about latest and greatest panel technology.

General rule of thumb - well actually one that I've made up, but hey, they've got to start somewhere - is that for opposite roofs, you'll get about 80% of South, so for you 80% + 80% = 160%/2 = 80%.

For me ESE 87% + WNW 73% = 160%/2.
    Even (for 30deg pitch) South 100% + North 60% = 160%/2.

As for 90%, well SE or SW can be about 95%, so the salesmen might 'just' be deducting another 5% for the other 45deg, without realising the true effect - naughty!

Got to go now, I like to lay out my chosen anorak ready for the mornings. ;)

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • 1echidna
    1echidna Posts: 23,086 Forumite
    Thanks for the welcome and information diode, by my reckoning I am a couple of kWh adrift of you in October so far but pretty close :D
  • Cavemanu
    Cavemanu Posts: 63 Forumite
    Cavemanu wrote: »
    A paltry 4kwh today but offset by 19 kwh yesterday (and today was meant to be sunny!)

Surprisingly good results over the weekend for october with some cold but clear skies...

Sat 6th: 16kwh
    Sun 7th: 17kwh

So far this month: 84kwh (65% over target for this month so far)

Sadly I don't think there will be a linear trend today, looking pretty gloomy over here, reckon I will be lucky to get 4kwh today...
  • Cavemanu wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think there will be a linear trend today, looking pretty gloomy over here, reckon I will be lucky to get 4kwh today...

Ditto, looks like a pretty poor outlook for the whole week and currently generating a miserly 370W. At least its nice to be ahead of target early in the month rather than having to play catch up.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback