Experian

My current score with Experian is 782/Fair, it has been this was for the past 6 months after clearing off a few debts, I still have a few debts that amount to about £3000 but I am still getting refused credit. I pay off my credit card in full every month and have not been in/over my overdraft for more than 2 years, what am I doing wrong? :mad:

Comments

• Hi

Have you checked your credit history with both of the other credit scoring companies? Certain companies use different credit agencies. Equifax & CallCredit are the other 2 they might use.

You mention paying off your credit card in full. Do you have access to a lot of credit? I.e. if you have a credit card with an allowance of £5000.00 AND an overdraft available of another £1000 or so, plus any store/catalogue or other credit cards, they will refuse you credit as you have ACCESS to too much credit already, regardless of whether you use it or not.

How long/often have you tried to get credit. This will also make lenders think you are desperate for credit, as they can see your applications on file.

HTH

-Lilt
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • are you on the electoral roll?
  • I only have a £500 limit on my credit card and I have removed my overdraft altogether, I still have a £1000 CCJ that im disputing, plus another account for £3000 that I have started paying off. Just sick of my credit never improving!!!

*Yes im on the electoral roll
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a Vanquis card? Apply and pay it off in full.

Can you purchase items from a catalogue and pay in full?
  • No i dont have a vanquis card, i always thought they were really high in apr!!! Dont have a catalogue either
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Vanquis is high APR but you will pay it off in full every month and this will help with your future credit rating.

See if there is anything you need from Littlewoods or another catalogue and pay this off in full as well.
  • The CCJ will be the problem. When you say you are disputing it; have you paid off the debt in question? If you have satisfied it, then you are able to have it removed from your credit history so long as you supply the credit agency with all of the information and proof necessary.

If you have not, regardless of the dispute it will be pretty difficult to remove from your credit history; how will you prove that the CCJ is not warranted or the debt is not owed?

CCJ's stay on your history for 6 years or until notification of being satisfied.
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • I am applying to get the CCJ statute barred as the debt is over ten years old, the CCJ was only implemented this year by Wescot SPV!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure