PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Monthly Meal Planner

Comments

• sandieb
    sandieb Posts: 728 Forumite
    I have seconded Gingham Ribbon's nomination for this as Post of the Month. What a huge help this posting is for both old and new money savers.
  • I have printed out week one and am going to give it a try.

thanks so much for your posting and recipes - would love to see some for the other weeks when you have the time
    you are an angel to do all this!
    sarah
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I bet your husband/wife loves you !

Brilliant selection. Note to self - must try harder..
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • SeeWeed
    SeeWeed Posts: 86 Forumite
    Awww thanks everyone (especially for nominating me) :o
    The thing is I actually enjoy meal planning and looking at the different things I can make or adapt from other recipes to fit within my budget. And it saves me valuable time as well as money so it's a win win situation.
    I also have a passion for cookery books and recipes (I literally have files and files of recipes cut from magazines, the back of packets or copied from the tv)
    I would say to anyone starting meal planning not to be daunted by it, after a few weeks it really does start coming together. Look everywhere for new ideas and don't be afraid to try them out, that way you don't get stuck with all the same things week after week.
    I am so glad people have found this useful.

SW
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No. 133
    Debt Free Date August 2014 :j
    The £2.00 Coin Savers Club = £22.00
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    hi seeweed, :j

just to say thank you for posting your menus, i am very impressed, it looks very organised indeed. i am goning to have another look and see if i can adapt any for us,

'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • Excellent thread, it's so refreshing to see a meal plan and shopping list which has variety and uses fresh veg and sensible proportions of protein. I had decided not to meal plan on a budget after reading some of the previous meal plan threads as it seemed so repetitive, but might just give it a go. Getting an additional fridge/freezer from freecycle this week which will help with storage of the shopping, which has always been a problem.
  • I am going to give this a go it looks great and most things we will eat, can you give me the recipe for:
    Monday Chicken Cassoulet with Pasta (using left over chicken)

thank you
  • SeeWeed
    SeeWeed Posts: 86 Forumite
    PumpkinPie wrote:
    I am going to give this a go it looks great and most things we will eat, can you give me the recipe for:
    Monday Chicken Cassoulet with Pasta (using left over chicken)

thank you

It was from here in the mega index somewher, not sure how to do a link) can anyone help me on that one?) so I just copied and pasted it!

Cheat's Chicken Cassoulet

leftover chicken from the roast
    Pack of 4 Sausages (about 49p)
    Big Tin Beans (from 6p but I am a Heinz snob, sorry)
    Big Tin chopped Toms (19p)
    A big Onion (10p)
    Some 'erbs (Oregano usually)

Cook Sausies under grill, Meanwhile sweat onion in a little oil, chop the chicken into chunks.
    Drain oil, Chop sausies into chunks and throw onions, sausies, toms, beans, chopped chicken and 'erbs into big pan and warm thoroughly for about 20 mins.

Serve with rice, Instant noodles or pasta as per preference.

About 90p for main meal, very filling and a big fave with our lot.

Luis.

HTH

SW
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No. 133
    Debt Free Date August 2014 :j
    The £2.00 Coin Savers Club = £22.00
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    HERE

Hi SeeWeed

To insert a link, highlight the the text (my example is the word HERE) click on the insert link icon, createlink.gifand insert link. It will then be highlighted in blue.

If that doesn't help, have a read of the link I've included at the top of the page to SRA's guide to inserting links :D
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your time and effort in doing this.
    I'd been thinking of having a go at doing something similar, so this is a great basis for a proven start.
    Do you have the recipie for Monday's Chicken Cassoulet with Pasta (using left over chicken)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure