PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm all studied out and printed so ready for Wednesday! Go me!

Just doing a quick scan on the laptop then I think I'll pop to @ldi for some milk and veg.

My bedroom is okay so can wait, but I've washed towels and now kids bedding is in, since I changed theirs last night.

Conversation had with doc re DD meds so that's all reviewed and ticked for another year. He didn't have much to say really, just a tick of a box and away we go. I should pop her repeat prescription in too.

Right, I'll go get what we need, and empty the kitchen bin on my way out...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh thanks Bossy must put a big note somewhere to remind me to collect DS1s prescription or we will run out.

Will do our bedding later, bedroom is reasonably tidy, could probably do with a quick dust.

Up at 6am, 10km on the spinning bike before my shower, mince hotpot in the sc, washing off the airer and into the tumbler and another load over the airer. Have just run the carpert sweeper around and had a quick tidy. More paid stuff now then back to work no. 1 for a meeting later.

LW I love brushing our dog, he loves it too, its very restful. And it saves all the hair being spread around the house.

Right, better get on with some more work.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j embb, good to see you!

I am in again. It really helped last week even though I didn't get everything done.

Thanks for the thread Valli
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all - thanks for the lists Valli :A

Parents' Evening done but a 12 hour day has pooped me so I think I'll be in bed early tonight!

List (in the hope that I'll find the energy to do something off of it at some time this week!!) :o

Blissful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window and strip the bed.

Level 2
    Remake the bed with fresh linen
    Clean the windows
    Check the corners/ceiling/light fitting for cobwebs and de-web
    Dust all the light bulbs (make sure, now the dark nights are longer, that the bulbs are as bright as they can be)

Level 3
    Dust the bedroom
    Vacuum the bedroom
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, my day went to rat poo, as expected. I did manage to get an hour of ironing done and tidied one corner of my bedroom before I was called away to sort out organising a concrete base for our new [STRIKE]tin slum[/STRIKE] static caravan that should be ready in a few weeks.

And then, well, I'm not sure where the rest of my day went :mad: emails, phone calls, changing beds, working out the new phones we had to buy as Tiny had lobbed our only working one into the dog water bowl, after school karate club and cooking a roast chicken dinner, juggling small children and drooling dogs when carving the bird...ooh, and I steam extracted 6 litres of damson and apple juice from fruit picked at the weekend (delish!)

Still haven't brushed my hair :eek: instead, I have tied it up into what I understand is this season's hot trend....the messy bun.

I'm now "enjoying" the football. :footie: hmmmm......
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

Thank you for all the lists.

Did a drive today to see SGS 7 months.............a real cutie

Other daily general stuff done, including sitting in a traffic jam for 1 hour near heathrow...............
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    !)what I understand is this season's hot trend....the messy bun.

Dizzy - I wear my hair in what I call a "lazy mum bun" everyday - generously covered in dry shampoo to make me look a little less slovenly :p Your day sounds as draining as mine - have a hug and a glass of rose x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Heya Hex :hello: :D hope youre well chick x

Is it bedtime yet? Theres been lots of super busy flyladies today, makes you wanna win the lottery and head off into the sunset with someone lovely that doesnt want looking after lol

Ticked off my list pretty much, never did get round to sticking a wash on cos i got sidetracked by chucking some old carp furniture down the stairs and out the front door....as you do...but no matter im positive itll still be there tomorrow and it will have gained some friends to keep it company..meh. onwards and upwards.

goodnight lovely ladies catch ya in the a.m. xx
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all!

Pooped!

[STRIKE]Do all the daily stuff
    Dust bedroom
    Hoover bedroom [/STRIKE]
    Strip and remake bed Can't be bothered!
    HHI not enough hours in day!
    [STRIKE]Go for run[/STRIKE]

I have also done a full day of paid stuff, taken my boots to the cobblers, did some froggy paperwork and helped dds with a bit of homework.
    As for the me time Valli, as well as going for another riding lesson on Thursday, I went into town on my lunch hour for a sandwich. Ended up popping into marks and sparklers and buying some new boots, slippers and jeans. Not very :money: but possibly counts as me time. By the way Valli , hope your sister is as pain free as she can be. You are right about families first x

LW got my fingers crossed for you for more dogs!

Right, bedtime x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Had a very busy weekend course, learnt a lot and had plenty of laughs with the other 5 people on my course and 2 tutors, both of whom I've known for some time. It was good.

This morning I took DH into town and left him there to go to the U3A canals group.
    Meanwhile I had another busy day with lots of reading and thinking.
    Did WMx1.
    Tidied LR and our BR.
    S&S'd bathroom and kitchen.

Thank you Valli for the new list, and Natty for last week's, but the next few days are going to involve lots more studying and several meetings, so I may not get much flying done (again) :o

I had quite a surprise at lunchtime: DH came home from town and announced that he's hiring a full dinner jacket suit for the SW ball next month, so now I have definitely got to find a posh dress :D

Hope your sis is in less pain now, Valli - big (((hugs))) to you both.

More (((hugs)))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport