Vodafone Mobile broadband email settings....

Can anyone help with the settings required for sending POP3 email using the above.

When purchasing the modem from the Voda shop they said I would be able to send my POP 3 email using it.

My home BB is with NTL and I have rang Voda CS who said I need to change the outgoing mail server settings to...

smtp.vodafone.net
Username. web
Password web

Needless to say this does`nt work, neither does changing smtp to pop.

Now they say there systems are down and they can`t help until they are restored and don`t know when that will be.

I have a few email accounts and don`t want to have to keep changing the settings back and forth each time I need to use the mobile BB.

Is there another way??

Thanks

Comments

• S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Try these....
    [B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Email SMTP server: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]send.vodafone.net
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Email SMTP server:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080] smtp.vizzavi.co.uk
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][B]Alt email SMTP server: [/B]mail.vizzavi.co.uk 
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Alt email SMTP server: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]mail.vodafone.net[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]
    Alt email SMTP server: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]212.183.156.229
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Alt email SMTP server: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]62.213.128.92[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]                
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
    [/FONT]
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Jimbo001
    Jimbo001 Posts: 31 Forumite
    I have a similar problem with “Three” mobile broadband and Virgin (NTL) cable broadband.

I can set my outgoing server settings to work with my mobile broadband or to work with my cable broadband. But I have to change my settings to match my connection in order to send e-mails.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can overcome this problem?
  • Create another account in outlook express. Make sure you dont tick the include in send and receive.
    Use the outgoing server settings as smtp-mbb.three.co.uk
    When you want to send an email using your dongle just choose the new account from the send from drop down at the top of the email.
    This works fine for me.
  • irothwell wrote: »
    Create another account in outlook express. Make sure you dont tick the include in send and receive.
    Use the outgoing server settings as smtp-mbb.three.co.uk
    When you want to send an email using your dongle just choose the new account from the send from drop down at the top of the email.
    This works fine for me.

I do hope he hasn't waited 2 1/2 years for that info:p
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure