To become debt free

Hi,
I have debt amount of £43k now and have cut down all the spending where ever possible. Once I have wrote to credit card companies explaining my situation and requesting to reconsider the possible amount to write off as instructed by a Financial Adviser. Unfortunately this option didn't work and as a result the accounts were suspended. Due to this reason I am unable to consider balance transfer options too. At present I am paying minimum amount for all the cards as I do not want to get default on any payment and to avoid destroying my credit score. Is there any option avaiable for me other than IVA or Bankruptcy?? is there someone out there who can give me a possible giudeline to reduce this level to zero with in onw or two years!!!

The other worst situation is my job is made redundant and I have been offered compensation of nearly £9k or to take up junior poisiton with very low salary. I am thinking of taking up redundancy as this will help me to clear some of my outstandings and find a job some where else. Is this a wise option for me to consider??? :confused:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport