PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I work for myself when I get work but thought I'd have some time out!

So I am just a stay at home bod!!! I should be looking for work, not looking on here!

Trying to ebay and trying to sort the place out!!
    (they work together..... less clutter = more space + less to tidy up :j )
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Part-time teacher, mother of four, chicken keeper, veg grower, internet addict ...
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Stay at home mum to 6yr old son and 3yr old daughter. :D

Part time library assistant and part time volunteer pre-school secretary.

MSE addict!! :D
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Self-employed, work at home :D

Three kids - 15yo boy, 13yo girl, 34yo husband :D
    Bulletproof
  • Trollydolly_2
    Trollydolly_2 Posts: 407 Forumite
    As the name suggests im a Trolly dolly (cabin crew), hence my posts appearing and silly hours of the day, i work silly shifts so when i finish work i like to sit down with a cuppa and read whats been happening during the day!

Ive just bought my first house and am waiting to move in with my Chihuahua Lucy and ill be adopting my brothers Golden Retriever, Amber. But thats it just Me and my dawgs!

Nice to meet u all
    TD xx
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Work full time at the moment, but am in the process of selling the business - not sure exactly what the future holds now, but need to bring in some kind of income - two kids and a husband to keep! (Hubby does the whole stay at home thing with the kids)

All ideas welcome - still want to choose my own hours but want less of them!
  • Eliza252
    Eliza252 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Full Time Researcher for Health Care Consultancy Company - Part Time Staff for Events. I dont bother sleeping much - its boring! heh heh heh!
    Nb. I spend time on here during the day, cus it stops me from dribbling on my keyboard too much when am cross eye'd from staring at stats or going mad trying to glean information from hair transplant clinics in Bolton.
    Becoming an MSE is all part of my grand plan to take over the world!
    - Am here because I have been offered a place on a really good post grad course and an opportunity to study for a doctorate but dont have any money to do it + my reams of debt of course! - rapidly decreasing - woo woo!
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
    Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Full time senior administrator/report compiler for a London electricity firm. Part time internet opera critic - unpaid as yet but it does get me some free tickets occasionally. Part time semi-pro classical singer - my regular church job pays just enough to cover the cost of singing lessons. Weddings and funerals can be a nice little earner except that my church hardly ever has any (congregation of young families and old - but not that old - people).
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Full time mum to daughter 4 and partner/housekeeping/secretary/financial advisor etc etc to OH :rotfl:

I also help run the forums at http://organizedhome.com

Recently volunteered for position of parent govenor at daughters school/nursery just awaiting the result of the vote.

OH has announced that he wants me to go out to work, at least part time, once our daughter starts school properly in September to bring in some extra money :eek: I haven't been in paid work since I October 1999 and then that was only a few weeks of pub work. I think I'd rather make cut back and tart credit cards, just the thought of going out to work makes me feel ill :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • studentnurse
    studentnurse Posts: 142 Forumite
    Student Nurse - About to enter my third year at northumbria uni.
    I love this site and this board is one of my faves tho Ive yet to try out the monthly challenges - I love to read about how you are all doing.
    Im more of a lurker than a poster Im afraid to say lol, but feel like I know some of you quite well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure