Natwest Black Current Account

Comments

• MattLondon
    MattLondon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Thanks madgagoo!
    Yes that's what I wanted to know- it's black and with red around the edges like the now redundant black credit card (and it's silly apr- partly ofcourse due to the £250 quid annual fee)
    So I'll be paying 24 pounds to NW each month which is more of a fee than the aforementioned black credit card, however I intend to use the services Natwest offer- pension review looks high on the agenda for me, and as a frequent flyer, airport lounge access is a bonus and finally- I can cancel my vodafone insurance for the iPhone- and that halves my fee alone!

I'll post a picture when I get the card through.

Btw- how long does it take to upgrade from the point of acceptance? Can I expect a new card before I go on business on 26 July 11?
    How long for info to come through the post- welcome pack etc and does that pack include another card to use with the benefits like adv gold did?

Thanks again to all
  • Toe-Jam
    Toe-Jam Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2011 at 8:32PM
    3968622976_17719b2ed0.jpg

The new one looks like this only its black not purple
  • MattLondon
    Theres a new one Toejam- new account called Natwest black.. Don't think this is the new card based on your card start date! Your account will probably change in Aug 11, though to get the new card you can either wait for your current one to run out OR just ask for a new one now.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    Hey Twister,

Just read through your post and was wondering if you could shed any light on if/when the Advantage Private is going to Black!

Many thanks

End of August we've been told - and you'll get the option to go Black...and keep any existing charge card, or go Gold and lose the charge card.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 July 2011 at 8:38PM
    Mine are the same as picture but purple. The older one is a deep purple. The newer one (2 weeks old) a sort of lighter shaded purple.

They both say natwest private banking.

One says visa debit and one says advantage private chargecard.

I also have a credit card linked to the account but I haven't ever activated or used it.

My business chargecard card is purple as well and that's new so are all natwest cards purple?

I have just paid the annual private fee and so I assumed as I had paid I would. Just stay the same.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • Twister84
    edited 17 July 2011 at 8:43PM
    MattLondon wrote: »
    Theres a new one Toejam- new account called Natwest black.. Don't think this is the new card based on your card start date! Your account will probably change in Aug 11, though to get the new card you can either wait for your current one to run out OR just ask for a new one now.

You're right, that's the old one. The new one has "Natwest Private" on the left, on one line if I remember correctly - not to mention that it's black.

Your card probably won't change to the new one until you ask for the new one, as there is a new "card type" we have to key in when ordering it.
  • Twister84
    Thanks madgagoo!
    Yes that's what I wanted to know- it's black and with red around the edges like the now redundant black credit card (and it's silly apr- partly ofcourse due to the £250 quid annual fee)
    So I'll be paying 24 pounds to NW each month which is more of a fee than the aforementioned black credit card, however I intend to use the services Natwest offer- pension review looks high on the agenda for me, and as a frequent flyer, airport lounge access is a bonus and finally- I can cancel my vodafone insurance for the iPhone- and that halves my fee alone!

I'll post a picture when I get the card through.

Btw- how long does it take to upgrade from the point of acceptance? Can I expect a new card before I go on business on 26 July 11?
    How long for info to come through the post- welcome pack etc and does that pack include another card to use with the benefits like adv gold did?

Thanks again to all

You also get European car breakdown, and Home Emergency for a second home.

If you want it done quickly, speak to your PBM as it would more than likely take just over a week for the upgrade, then 3-5 working days for your card.

Your PBM will be able to convert your account within a couple of days if you can get in and sign for it, then they can get a card ordered at the same time.
  • MattLondon
    Oh so I will still need to sign? When I upgraded online, it's said that it will be upgraded and I need do nothing- account number stays same... It's a bit unclear and misleading if I now need to take time off to go to branch to sign papers etc!
  • Twister84
    Oh so I will still need to sign? When I upgraded online, it's said that it will be upgraded and I need do nothing- account number stays same... It's a bit unclear and misleading if I now need to take time off to go to branch to sign papers etc!

Hmm...we processed an upgrade recently which had been requested online by a customer and then sent to us.

What does it say on your online banking?

If that's the case, then I'd keep an eye out for when it does upgrade and get your card ordered. Make sure to ask for the new one!
  • Twister84
    If you've got a chargecard and your fee comes out annually make sure you get a prorata refund as your new Black account fee will be debiting your current account and not your charge card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport