Natwest won't give me a copy of a old loan agreement

I recently wrote to natwest using a template letter from this site asking for a copy of a old loan agreement and terms and conditions of the loan at the time I have received a letter back saying I can't have these - can natwest do this?

Comments

• sympatex
    sympatex Posts: 293 Forumite
    I phoned them dirctly for my terms and conditions that i signed up to for my credit card as i was a student at the time and PPI was useless to me as i didnt have a job.

I got what appears to be the current conditions so its just them being to$$. Phone them up and try and get hold of the PPI complaints team they were helpful but as i said, ultimately useless.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I recently wrote to natwest using a template letter from this site asking for a copy of a old loan agreement and terms and conditions of the loan at the time I have received a letter back saying I can't have these - can natwest do this?

Depends on what method you used to ask for it.

1 - if you used the £1 method under the CCA then they are quite right to reject as that only applies to loans still in force.

2 - if you used no cost method and just asked for it then they can refuse.

3 - if you used the £10 subject access request then they have to give you the data they hold in a relevant filing system. If they have it then they should give it (assuming it is filed in a relevant filing system). However, if it has been destroyed as its old data then they dont have to supply it as they are not holding it.

Which method did you use to request the data?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure