penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Options

Comments

• funkycat06
    Options
    great idea
    Wins in 2011 -Pepsi Adventure Day ,Years magazine Subscription ,Dorset Cereals .Rimmel London lasting foundation ,Britney spears goodie bag and launch party tickets,
    Wins in 2012 -Red Letter Days voucher,fortnum and mason hamper, case of Bulmers Cider, ascot tickets, NKOTBSB tickets , jewellery
    2013 and the winning streak continues!
  • yellowdots
    Options
    I would be interested in doing this also.

I have lurked around these forums for probably 6 months now, and think this is a wonderful thread.

I do have a bit of a silly question though. What sort of things do you natter about in the emails? I would hate to think someone receiving a mail from myself would maybe be thinking "zzzzzzz boring" if you get my drift.

I guess just chat about day to day life stuff? Music interests etc?

Sorry if this sounds a ridiculous thing to ask, but I have never had a pen pal.

Thanks in advance :)
  • Tallulah22
    Options
    yellowdots, its not a stupid thing to ask i was like that myself. The first letter is always the awkward one. i just wrote about myself, what i was studying in university, what music i liked etc, then asked about them. Once they reply you kinda build up a rapport with them and the letters just flow.
    Just be yourself as they are really grateful for any source of letter from anyone.

Best of luck x
  • yellowdots
    Options
    Thank you, I will make a start later tonight.:T
  • Tallulah22
    Options
    Best of luck, let us know if you get any replys, i had quite a few non-replys but dont take it personal.
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    i had all non replies, my letters must have been boring!!!!

will pm people who have pmed me when get chance, sorry if you have been waiting a couple of days im really busy at the moment but will do it ASAP

i never thought the thread would turn into this it gets bigger and bigger!
    what a lovely bunch we are on MSE

xx
  • silkcutblue
    Options
    Something very cool that Xerox is doing.. If you go to this web site, http://www.letssaythanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq.

Mucho respect to Xerox. I might not be from YankeeLand, but I sent one from that site.
  • Tallulah22
    Options
    JUst wondering Yellowdots have you had any replies yet?
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    has anyone got a recent list of people wanting to recieve a letter. i joined the yahoo group but it seems to be all people wanting to write rather than receive
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • kit
    kit Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Options
    If you look through the posts on the yahoo group there is a list of people to write to.... I will find the post number and add it here.

Edit - please read message number 26 on the yahoo group. this list is still currently up to date.
    2012 wins approx £11,000 including 5k to spend on a holiday :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport