Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Comments

• Lozfl
    Lozfl Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have tried many ways to cancel my account I do feel your being trapped into this, by them making it difficult to cancel the account.. after being on the 0844 no for 15mins (god knows how much it costs) I found the number above helpful, but again they are suposidly all busy might try a different department n demand to speak to a supervisor... This is disgusting that they do this to you many people will be tied in for ages as they can't get them to cancel due to lack of communication. I am currently on the phone to them again trying to cancel and it's gone 30mins now of trying by phone calls :mad:

Loz :mad:
  • Lozfl
    Lozfl Posts: 2 Newbie
    aaran7 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, heres a new number I rang today its not freephone but it is local rate and if you have free calls to local rate numbers it will be free for you

0207 2983000

the number is for the reception but they will transfer your call to customer services. please bare in mind that it will take long their call centre waiting time is rubbish, i waited 20 minutes to get through. I only set this up because three incorectly messed up my direct debit and i couldnt get any credit. now its sorted i finally after paying for three months have cancelled it. so beware if you use them lol make sure you write it somewhere.

good luck

Aaran

this number was very useful I finally got hold of them after 20mins of waiting again though... But atleast with this number my free landlines kicks in so I didnt have to pay.. Shame they are not so clear in their site as to how to cancel!! :beer:thanks Aaran
  • kays_2
    kays_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Took me 2 hours, but I eventually got there. There are so many obstacles placed in your path.

The short story is:
    • have your account number at the ready
    • go to frequently asked questions
    • ask the question to cancel the subscription
    • fillin the detail form provided
    • do not put in the USER ID use your email address
    • click on the next step button to go to cancel page
    This is a link to the screenshot displaying the form to be filled in. I have added a comment to the USer ID box not to use this as it will go the the form to create a new account, basically sending you round in circles.

go to my twitpic to view, because I'm a new poster this forum does not allow me to submit links at the moment.
    apply the
    http://
    then the
    twitpic.com/1s5005

:beer:

Kay
  • McLean10
    McLean10 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 14 June 2010 at 4:38PM
    Having great problems trying to cancel here...

I'm trying to log in so I can cancel online but it's saying my account doesn't exist, then I click on the forgot your username/password bit and fill in my details then it automatically just says it can't log me in to the system and to ring the customer services number.

I rung them up and answered a couple of security questions then she started asking questions about my bank and how much was my first deposit into the account etc. :huh:

I said I didn't feel this information was necessary to cancel my account, the woman could hardly speak a word of English and told me I had to fax some stuff to a number she gave me...I said no I want to cancel right now over the phone, she refused, so I demanded to speak to her manager 3 times and she kept declining.

What can I do? :(

edit: I also recieved an email from them when I originally signed up (for cashback) reading:
    Dear **** Mclean,

Thank you for your recent interest in Equifax. We're sorry that your purchase couldn't be completed. As we value our customers, we hope that we can help you resolve the problem.

Please contact our Customer Care Team at 0844 335 0550 (Calls will be charged at 5p per min) between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
    To assist us in completing your purchase, please quote account number: *********

Your Equifax Customer Care Team is waiting to assist you!

Please accept our apologies if you have already been in contact and we have already resolved your issue.

Your Equifax Customer Care Team

We kindly ask that you do NOT REPLY to this e-mail.

Does that mean I don't even have an account and they won't charge me or what?
  • hi

i never normally post on these thing but as i have had problems trying to cancel i thought i must!!!

MCLEAN10
    i have had the same problem as you and when i phoned they told me i didnt have an account to cancel!!!!

i have been on to the web site and clicked "forgotten username and password"
    i entered my email address and answered a security question then entered a new password
    click "customer services" at the top with the drop down
    then "how can we help you"
    on the side of this page under "you may be interest in" is "online disputes" "click here to ask a question"
    click "ask a question"
    under product "equifax credit report"
    under category "i would like to cancel - my free 30 day trial"
    the rest is straight forward!!!!
    i am currently waiting for a reply!!!

i hope this will help!!!
    i am very disappointed by the way in which you have to go round the houses!!!!! :mad:

credit expert was very straight forward when i cancelled!!!! :T
  • weevil_
    weevil_ Posts: 78 Forumite
    None of these website instructions produce a "I want to cancel my 30 day trial" question for me so I'm going to have to ring one of the numbers in the week. It wasn't worth the trial really, didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Credit Expert was easier to understand yet I still have to phone them to cancel, I was just curious of my rating and they were both on quidco.
  • cdsmiler
    cdsmiler Posts: 956 Forumite
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the ONLY way to cancel your account now acording to the website it to phone the 0844 335 0550 (choosing option 3) number, which I've just tried to do, but get cut off after one ring!! It's as if they know you want to cancel and kick you off!

Anyone had any recent joy with cancelling, and if so, how?
    :p Addicted to Disneyland Paris! :p
    :snow_grin Planning Christmas 2014! :snow_laug
    :D DD born 17th December 09! :D
  • gabbialice
    gabbialice Posts: 20 Forumite
    Just thought I would let people know that I just used the 0844 number and got through quickly. I was expecting the worst but the guy was very polite and although he did try to get me to continue with the subscription he eventually accepted the cancellation and I am now waiting for the confirmation email. Less than five minutes in all.
  • I used this freephone number 0800 1214752 and got straight through to a lovely woman. It took me less that 2 minutes to cancel

Miss P
  • Despite cancelling online and receiving a confirmation, they have just debited by bank account with one months payment. :mad:

I wonder how many people they try to con in this way - dont they have any scruples. :mad:

Time for a call tomorrow - lets see how I get on

Fortunately I have a screen shot of their confirmation of cancellation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family