RevitaDerm, Revitol, Perfect Radiance?

Comments

• oops. whilst searching on e bay for a salad storer,to prolong the fridge life of my prepared packaged lettuce etc.,i came across a link entitled " 53 year old mum looks 30? " and the link was " www.telegraph.co.uk " thinking this to be the newspaper i clicked on it and went directly to the order forms for perfect radiance and revitaderm. i read them carefully and ordered the trials. nowhere did i spot anything saying that i was signing a continuing authority payment. believe it or not i came on here to see if users were aware of this " bargain offer " and if not i was going to post details! this offer was shown as being available to 17.12.11.
    will have to take steps to rectify problem.
    whilst i am on,can anyone recommend a salad storer?!!!
  • please could someone help me i have fallen for this scam this morning and dont know what to do help
  • have tried phoning this company and the first number given goes through to a supposedly private number who claim to have no knowledge of the company and the second number is not recognised.
    i have odered the free trials and also accepted free sample of eye cream and purchased a bottle of rejuvenating juice. i have received four e mails from four different companies thanking me for my custom and informing me that my " first delivery " on each item will be 7 to 10 days.
    i have spoken to my credit card issuer and they advised me to cancel via phone and e mail/letter and to keep copies of all correspondence. the credit card company are powerless to stop the payment requests at the time but if you can show them that you have tried to cancel then they will take the matter further.
    i have been told it is no use changing my credit card with the same issuer as they would be obliged to pass on the charges requested.
    all these companies have received cancelation e mails from myself and i have e mailed the daily telegraph asking how their web address is connected with this outfit.
  • vaddybrown wrote: »
    please could someone help me i have fallen for this scam this morning and dont know what to do help

Contact them by phone and email and ask for your money back in full or you will report them to the FTC and inititiate a chargeback from your credit card company/bank.

If they do not refund you in full then file a complaint with the FTC and ask your bank for a chargeback. Tell your bank that you have emailed and phoned the company and also send them a link to this thread.
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • I've just been taken in by this scam too! I only order yesterday, and found out soon after what I'd done.
    I immediately replied to the confirmation emails asking to cancel the orders, but of course will have to wait for a reply....it's weekend!!
    I phoned my credit card company who say they cannot stop the payment. I'm not concerned about the small amounts but worried about getting more taken from my card!
    I have tried phoning the numbers and one took me to a local pub! The other wasn't recognised.
    After doing some googling I found people saying the numbers were 0808 178 7320 and 0808 168 3685 which meant adding a 0 to the dialling code advertised,but these don't work either!
    I'm hoping as I've emailed immediately that I will have caught them in time, but really worried that I can't PHONE them!!
    Why aren't these phone numbers working for me?? others seem to have got through ok!
  • satwin wrote: »
    I've just been taken in by this scam too! I only order yesterday, and found out soon after what I'd done.
    I immediately replied to the confirmation emails asking to cancel the orders, but of course will have to wait for a reply....it's weekend!!
    I phoned my credit card company who say they cannot stop the payment. I'm not concerned about the small amounts but worried about getting more taken from my card!
    I have tried phoning the numbers and one took me to a local pub! The other wasn't recognised.
    After doing some googling I found people saying the numbers were 0808 178 7320 and 0808 168 3685 which meant adding a 0 to the dialling code advertised,but these don't work either!
    I'm hoping as I've emailed immediately that I will have caught them in time, but really worried that I can't PHONE them!!
    Why aren't these phone numbers working for me?? others seem to have got through ok!

I tried phoning again early this morning and managed to get through on one number. Chinese sounding lady, very hard to understand. She asked when I placed the order, and when I said last night she said to leave it 24hrs before phoning!
    I hope I get someone easier to understand next time....that's if I get through next time!
    I tried phoning again early this morning and managed to get through on one number. Chinese sounding lady, very hard to understand. She asked when I placed the order, and when I said last night she said to leave it 24hrs before phoning!
    I hope I get someone easier to understand next time....that's if I get through next time!

ok. A further update. phoned again, using the other phone number, but am sure I got the same chinese woman. She tried to talk me into still receiving the trial offer, but I was adamant I didn't want anything to do with it. She gave me 3 cancellation numbers for the 3 items I ordered, which confirms that revitaderm and perfectradiance are connected. She said I will receive a confirmation email. Nothing has come through yet, but only made the call just minutes ago.
    I mentioned about the stories I had read....about people cancelling and still getting sums of money taken, and she assured me that no more would be taken. So, we wait and see what happens now!
    If the items come I will post them back unopened, with a letter attached. I will also be checking my credit card balance every day for quite a while till I feel that nothing more will happen!
    Hopefully as I have acted quick I will be safe!
    ok. A further update. phoned again, using the other phone number, but am sure I got the same chinese woman. She tried to talk me into still receiving the trial offer, but I was adamant I didn't want anything to do with it. She gave me 3 cancellation numbers for the 3 items I ordered, which confirms that revitaderm and perfectradiance are connected. She said I will receive a confirmation email. Nothing has come through yet, but only made the call just minutes ago.
    I mentioned about the stories I had read....about people cancelling and still getting sums of money taken, and she assured me that no more would be taken. So, we wait and see what happens now!
    If the items come I will post them back unopened, with a letter attached. I will also be checking my credit card balance every day for quite a while till I feel that nothing more will happen!
    Hopefully as I have acted quick I will be safe!

3 emails received this morning confirming orders cancelled and that I will not receive any furthers charges from them:))
  • trf1960
    trf1960 Posts: 129 Forumite
    Oh my, it makes you wonder just how many people around the world are being 'taken' with this scam. I did exactly the same as all of you about about a week ago. I was so taken in by the adverts that were in the Daily Mail online website that I didn't give it a second thought and signed up for the trial period thinking oh well I will just cancel if I don't like. Now usually I am a bit smarter than that and will normally surf the net for reviews but my brain must have stopped working for five minutes as on this occasion I didn't.

Anyway, after finally reading the horror stories I rang the telephone number from the email acknowledging my order and got straight through to an 'american' lady and told her to cancel the orders immediately. After repeatedly telling her that I did not want the products she said the 'account' would be cancelled and that no further products or money would be taken from my credit card although it was too late to cancel the £2.95 for each trial product as they would have already have been put into action!! I received all three products about 3 days later.

Like others, I received emails about 24 hrs later confirming cancellation of the products AND I did cancel the credit card but I will have to wait until I get my statement to see if anything else has been debited.

What I would like to know though is, after all this, has anyone actually used these products and did you find them any good ?
  • Hi. I'm from Oz and have an awful habit of signing up or ordering items without doing a little research on the internet first. It's amazing what you find on absolutely everything. I too stupidly signed up for the trials of Revitaderm and Perfect Radiance. It arrived about 2 weeks after I ordered. Thankfully I realised what I did the day after and phoned my bank immediately to 'fess up' and ask them to cancel my visa debit card which I ordered from. It was cancelled immediately and issued a new card. So thankfully no more money can be debited. My first emails asking for a cancellation was met with a 'no reply' email but after I told them I was cancelling my account funnily enough was sent a cancellation code. To anyone in the same position just cancel your credit card or whatever it was you used and open up a new one. Short term pain for long term gain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure