Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • meldrewoflewes
    • By meldrewoflewes 27th Sep 16, 2:52 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    meldrewoflewes
    iSupply and meter reading validation
    • 27th Sep 16, 2:52 PM
    iSupply and meter reading validation 27th Sep 16 at 2:52 PM
    This company badgers you for meter reading with the usual threat that if you don't you will get an estimated bill.
    So you go to all the trouble of reading the things, entering the readings, only to get a message that they aren't consistent and won't be accepted. This has happened several times since I joined them.
    The readings aren't inconsistent, it's just that their crummy system is hopeless.
    When you complain about it, you get some scripted message that they are working on the problem. They have been churning these messages out for months, so I am not optimistic that this is going to be fixed before the contract runs out and I ditch them for another supplier - probably going back to Ovo who had one of the best account websites.
    iSupply seem to be a shoestring operation and anyone who uses spreadsheets knows that it takes about 10-minutes to set up a formula that checks if a value is between certain limits.
    Either they are making a meal of it or don't know how.
    Anyhow, I won't be using them again.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 27th Sep 16, 6:23 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 1,615 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 27th Sep 16, 6:23 PM
    • 27th Sep 16, 6:23 PM
    This company badgers you for meter reading with the usual threat that if you don't you will get an estimated bill.
    So you go to all the trouble of reading the things, entering the readings, only to get a message that they aren't consistent and won't be accepted. This has happened several times since I joined them.
    The readings aren't inconsistent, it's just that their crummy system is hopeless.
    When you complain about it, you get some scripted message that they are working on the problem. They have been churning these messages out for months, so I am not optimistic that this is going to be fixed before the contract runs out and I ditch them for another supplier - probably going back to Ovo who had one of the best account websites.
    iSupply seem to be a shoestring operation and anyone who uses spreadsheets knows that it takes about 10-minutes to set up a formula that checks if a value is between certain limits.
    Either they are making a meal of it or don't know how.
    Anyhow, I won't be using them again.
    Originally posted by meldrewoflewes
    I agree, and so do iSupply Energy for that matter, that they currently have issues with their software.

Essentially, as you describe, their system is a bit over sensitive in that they have some quite tight tolerances on what they expect your meter reading to be.

It asks you to double check the readings you have provided.
    e.g. you may have mis-read the meter or input the incorrect figures.

However, even if you believe you are correct, you can still submit the readings by following the advice given

The readings you entered aren't consistent with previous readings for the meter. Can you please check them and either submit a different reading, or else email a picture of the meter to us, or phone Customer Enquiry on 0330 202 0298 during working hours.

Please email your picture to meterreadings@isupplyenergy.co.uk with "XXXXXXXXXX" as the subject."
    (where XXXXXXXXXX is unique to your account id)

I complained about it, and they did tell me wthey were working on it.
    In the meantime,m they also informed nme I didn;t need to worry about sending any more photos - just email or message the readings and they will use the.

To be fair, it only failed the once for me.

But if that is all too difficult for you, pay another supplier more money for the same electricity.
    Yopu could try SSE. I noticed recently that they have done away with their freefone number to call their meterline to submit meter readings - now they have replaced it with a number you have to pay to call. (or you can do it online, but what a palaver! - they want a lot more info than your account number and meter redaing when you do it online)
    Last edited by footyguy; 27-09-2016 at 6:27 PM.
    • oap43
    • By oap43 12th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    oap43
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    I suspect that the problem with iSupply Energy is that your correct readings don't compare favourably with their grossly exaggerated estimates.

Then telling you that you will get estimated readings, is their excuse for not giving you a refund for overcharging and reducing your monthly Direct Debit.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Jan 18, 5:46 PM
    • 4,031 Posts
    • 1,615 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:46 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 5:46 PM
    This thread was created 15 months ago
    • oap43
    • By oap43 12th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    oap43
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 12th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    I know.

Goes to show that they still have the same problem.

Suggesting that it's a deliberate action.

My last reply, with a photograph of my meter, I told them that I would be reporting them to Ofcom the next time it occurred.

They are just wasting consumer's time.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 13th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    • 13th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    • 13th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    I know.

My last reply, with a photograph of my meter, I told them that I would be reporting them to Ofcom the next time it occurred.

Originally posted by oap43
    Good luck with that
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 3,339 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 14th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 14th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    I know.

Originally posted by oap43
    Do you mean Ofgem?

Well, the point about errors being deliberate action has to be considered. The problem currently being discussed about iSupply was my problem over two years ago and I was not alone in that. To be fair to iSupply if it's not deliberate then it has been recurring for some time and needs fixing! Now much the same problem of meter reads and billing is being discussed in the Ebico thread. It does appear that iSupply and Ebico have the same problems.
    Last edited by Anthorn; 14-01-2018 at 9:00 AM.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 14th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 14th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    The Ebico/RHE issue with meter readings is solely the software RHE has. They write to customer 7 days before bill generation date, say this is by email, customer gets email gets readings and submits them. Should be ok ? Well no , because the software will add an estimate if reading is 5 or more days prior to bill calculation date, so any customer who is quick to act on request gets an estimated bill. Very frustrating for customers and the cause of many 'phone calls email and complaints for their staff.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,201Posts Today

9,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin