Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 5Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback
    • 1st Feb 17, 12:03 PM
    Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback 1st Feb 17 at 12:03 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Toto Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-12-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Page 6
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Why the heck would

a) anyone sign up to a 12 month contract, where the price is variable?

b) how can a company get away with this?

Totally baffled.
    Originally posted by SpotlandRules
    Hello SpotlandRules,

We apologise for any confusion. Unfortunately, some of our welcome packs have mistakenly included a reference to a “price guarantee” for our variable tariffs. We’re very sorry, this was a misprint.

What are your options?

1. You can switch to another supplier. If you’re not happy to stay with TOTO, contact another supplier of your choice and they will take care of the switch. The transfer will take approximately 21 days.

2. You can switch to another one of our tariffs. You can change to our fixed price tariffs within 30 days of receiving our notification email. Contact us via email at dd@totoenergy.com.

We’d be sorry to see you go, but you are free to leave should you wish to do so. If you leave within the next 30 days, we’ll waive any exit fees and you can leave without paying a penalty.
    Last edited by Jack - TOTO energy; 14-12-2017 at 5:06 PM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Joined this company on a promise of a fixed contract ( or so I thought ) - recent notification of 30% uplift in prices - several texts asking if I have second thoughts on leaving - initiated joining with Bulb energy a week ago.

This morning received email which contains this " We’re sorry to hear about your decision to transfer away from us. Unfortunately, your cooling off period has ended and we can't cancel your account. " ????

Any ideas .. responded back to them confirming I want to leave ... should I just leave this or take it further ... phoning them is a joke ...
    Originally posted by SteveC68
    Hi Steve,

If you're outside of your cooling off period, all you'd need to do is contact a supplier of your choice and they'll take care of the switch in 21 days time. Just to confirm, you won't be charged any exit fees because of these price increases.

If you send an e-mail to MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com with your full name, first line of address & postcode i'll pluck it personally and respond with confirmation.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 14th Dec 17, 3:03 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    Hello SpotlandRules,

We apologise for any confusion. Unfortunately, some of our welcome packs have mistakenly included a reference to a “price guarantee” for our variable tariffs. We’re very sorry, this was a misprint.

What are your options?

1. You can switch to another supplier. If you’re not happy to stay with TOTO, contact another supplier of your choice and they will take care of the switch. The transfer will take approximately 21 days.

2. You can switch to another one of our tariffs. You can change to our fixed price tariffs within 30 days of receiving this email. Contact us via email at dd@totoenergy.com.

We’d be sorry to see you go, but you are free to leave should you wish to do so. If you leave within the next 30 days, we’ll waive any exit fees and you can leave without paying a penalty.
    Originally posted by Jack - TOTO energy
    Brilliant customer relations. You are getting on par with Ryan Air.
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 14th Dec 17, 5:10 PM
    • 1,851 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    polymaff
    Hi Polymaff,

We're really sorry that you're unhappy with our new pre-payment tariffs.

As a small supplier, we do everything we can to minimise cost and pass the savings on to customers. But, wholesale energy costs have increased this winter, and unfortunately we have to keep up.

The UK government capped pre-pay prices at the beginning of November. With rising wholesale gas costs, we've held off for as long as possible before we increased our prices. As said in the e-mail, you do matter to us, and we don't take changing these prices lightly.

If you would like any further help or support please contact us on Livechat, our Facebook page, or call us on 03332107070.
    So am I a pre-payment customer, Jack? I pay by monthly direct debit. If I'm classed as a pre-payment customer then who is not a pre-payment customer? If I'm not, then why mention it at all?
    Last edited by polymaff; 14-12-2017 at 5:14 PM.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Got the:

"The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices. TOTO Energy are now increasing our prices in line with the agreed price cap. You matter to us - we don't take changing your prices lightly."
    Originally posted by polymaff
    So am I a pre-payment customer, Jack? I pay by monthly direct debit. If I'm classed as a pre-payment customer then who is not a pre-payment customer? If I'm not, then why mention it at all?
    Originally posted by polymaff
    Hi Polymaff,

In the previous post you made, you quoted an e-mail you received stating "The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices."

This led me to believe that you are currently using a pre-payment service. This particular e-mail would've only been sent to pre-payment customer accounts. If this is not the case and you have received this e-mail incorrectly, please provide additional details to MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com so I can investigate why this has happened.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused, i'll try to provide as much information as possible and help as much as I can. Thank you for your patience.
    Verified Company
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 14th Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 1,851 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    polymaff
    Hi Polymaff,

In the previous post you made, you quoted an e-mail you received stating "The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices."

This led me to believe that you are currently using a pre-payment service. This particular e-mail would've only been sent to pre-payment customer accounts. If this is not the case and you have received this e-mail incorrectly, please provide additional details to MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com so I can investigate why this has happened.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused, i'll try to provide as much information as possible and help as much as I can. Thank you for your patience.
    "TOTO Energy Update" email, with attachment, sent, Jack.
    • Richey_
    • By Richey_ 14th Dec 17, 10:13 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Richey_
    I thought I would share part of an email from Toto which made me chuckle.

I have signed up with another supplier after this Toto fiasco where they sent repeated correspondence saying my price was guaranteed for a year but now find out that this was a “misprint,” total rubbish. It was a con to get people signed up, to then put up the prices in my opinion.

If you have ever tried to speak to anybody, their customer service is verging on non existent. Clearly massively understaffed and over stretched,

Anyway, today Toto sent me an email with reasons why I should reconsider leaving. Within the email it states “We’re an independent supplier and offer a great customer service”

Great customer service indeed. I couldn’t stop laughing when I read this.

I am glad to be leaving. I don’t like being lied to. How can anybody trust a company who make lots of promises, which they later rescind and call it a “misprint.”
    • David Trangmar
    • By David Trangmar 5th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    David Trangmar
    TOTO playing fair
    Your e mail of 19 Dec told the tale about TOTO hiking its prices. After a bit more messing about with summer and winter prices etc they have gone back to square 1 now, for me at least, and I keep my 2017 prices until October renewal. Yes they are a bit of a shambles over that it seems.

BUT ...

My switch from EON to TOTO, started in October, went pear-shaped, and I received a HUGE bill from EON at Christmas time. I thought the switch had taken place, and no-one told me otherwise. EON had of course put me on to their top rate (why are they allowed these silly top rates?).

It turns out TOTO dropped the ball with the switch process. Apparently they had switched electricity but not gas. They put their hand up to it and have offered (not agreed, offered) to pay the amount I am out of pocket.

I think thats pretty fair and straightforward of them, and if possible I thought I would leave a positive comment for TOTO to help others decide. Different from EON who I think have been underhand and despicable over this in not querying the partial switch.

Thanks TOTO. I'm staying.
    • Bemused43
    • By Bemused43 6th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bemused43
    Switched to Toto last August through Cheap Energy Club which was offering a £30 cashback. Still waiting for that, as Toto did not inform CEC of switch! Soon discovered that their website was useless. It would not allow me to create my own password and would not accept my opening meter readings. When I finally managed to get through on the phone, the adviser gave me a generic password to use. E-mails went unanswered. As soon as they announced their price increase in December, I opted to switch suppliers without an exit penalty, only to receive an e-mail on 26 Dec to say that the prices would remain the same. By that time, I had been accepted by the new supplier with a start date of 3 Jan 18. Having given my new supplier my opening meter readings, I cancelled my Direct Debit with Toto and received an e-mail the following day, advising me that there was something wrong with my DD and inviting me to contact their "friendly LiveChat team" via their website or phone. Website shows that Toto no longer supplies me with gas! Unable to find any reference to LiveChat on website, I have sent them yet another e-mail, advising them (again) that I have switched suppliers and also that I am still waiting for a final bill from my previous supplier who has not yet been informed by Toto of the meter readings I gave them in August! This has been a nightmare experience from the beginning and I can understand why some people (especially the elderly) are reluctant to switch suppliers
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 7th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    Sosumi
    "I have never seen such appalling service."

Published today in The Sunday Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/money/i-have-never-seen-such-appalling-service-lldj302mf
    • IanL1963
    • By IanL1963 8th Jan 18, 7:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    IanL1963
    "Switched to Toto last August through Cheap Energy Club which was offering a £30 cashback." same for me as Bemused43 above moved in June and not cashback paid.

Usage figures on website abysmal. Where can I see my usage against payments made?

Told I could enter meter readings on website, no functionality shown.

Smart meters replaced by Toto smart meters and still got emails requesting meter readings!

DD just increased massively.

No replies to emails asking for clarification.

Customer service and functionality a disgrace and should be replected as such on energy club website.

In the middle of transferring, do not know why energy club does not indicate which suppliers are luddites with respect to smart meters?

Also why do smart meters have to be changed every time you move supplier?
    • grai
    • By grai 11th Jan 18, 11:53 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    grai
    I've just started with Toto this week after the energy club recommended I switch

wish I'd read this first

in my experience smaller companies mean well but never deliver and are just not worth the trouble

will keep you all updated xx
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 12th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jammeister
    Switch as soon as you can -- beyond appalling
    Grai :

If you are still in the "cooling off" period after initiating your Switch, I suggest that you cancel the Switch immediately and move to another energy company. If you are outside the 'cooling off' period, then you will have to work out if it is better to stay with ToTo or to leave and take the hit on the exit fees.

I find it hard to believe that ToTo have given you an economical rate per KWH for either gas or electricity, since there are a large number of energy companies that will offer better prices than TOTO after their recent price hikes. For instance, TOTO increased my energy prices by over THIRTY PERCENT in December -- which is why I switched away from them. I am now with another energy company that has a FIXED price for a year, which is the same as the previously low price I was paying to TOTO before December. My own experience is that TOTO have the worst possible customer 'service' --- they don't answer emails even after multiple reminders and they don't answer the phone. Their website is absolutely useless; it consistently refuses to accept GAS Meter readings. They also put disgraceful pressure on you to fit a smart meter by telling you it is compulsory (IT ISN'T) and harassing you with repeated phone calls, even after you have made it clear that you don't want a smart meter. I only got them to stop harassing me by telling them that if I had one more phone call from them about smart meters, I would report them to OFGEM and the Energy Ombudsman. TOTO are a complete shower and an utter disgrace to the energy industry, having caused misery and undue stress to a significant number of their customers. They are the most unprofessional and incompetent people I have ever come across in the entire energy industry.
    • zwanzig20
    • By zwanzig20 14th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zwanzig20
    Switched onto TOTO’s 100% renewable saver tariff on 28th September as it was the cheapest for leccy and gas.

I have received several MSE CEC emails warning me the tariff is increasing in price but nothing from TOTO themselves.

I did a live chat with a rep from TOTO last week and they said that there was no price increase for me.

Bit confused by it all but will check the next bill closely.
    • zwanzig20
    • By zwanzig20 14th Jan 18, 11:09 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zwanzig20
    You’ve never dealt with Extra energy then - far worse as they’ve just blatantly lie to you repeatedly....
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 14th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    jammeister
    You’ve never dealt with Extra energy then - far worse as they’ve just blatantly lie to you repeatedly....
    Originally posted by zwanzig20

Zwanzig : You are absolutely right -- I have never dealt with Extra Energy. However, Extra are not far worse than TOTO (they sound exactly the same) as I have been repeatedly and blatantly lied to by TOTO. Sounds as though they are two peas from the same pod. Thanks for the tip, though; I shall avoid both companies in the future.
    • grai
    • By grai 16th Jan 18, 4:30 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    grai
    what I dont understand about all this is why am I in the "expert's" energy club getting told to go to ToTo and telling me how easy it all was when no-one on the same website has a good word for them??
    • Budgie3
    • By Budgie3 16th Jan 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Budgie3
    Toto energy
    Switched from TOTO on the 28/12/17, only been with them for 2 months, due to their price increases.
    Now with E.ON, but TOTO are still taking money from my account by direct debit, do i cancel my direct debit with them?
    Sent two emails and phoned their customer services , but i know this will not be sorted.Do i need to take this further, advice please.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 16th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 2,952 Thanks
    Hengus
    Switched from TOTO on the 28/12/17, only been with them for 2 months, due to their price increases.
    Now with E.ON, but TOTO are still taking money from my account by direct debit, do i cancel my direct debit with them?
    Sent two emails and phoned their customer services , but i know this will not be sorted.Do i need to take this further, advice please.
    Originally posted by Budgie3
    We live in an age where we all want things to happen immediately. This is not the way that the UK domestic energy sector works. You will have provided your new supplier with meter readings. These are then passed to an independent industry third-party for verification before being passed back to the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. This process can take 10 working days and we have just had Christmas and the New Year.

Under EU Law and the terms of its Supply Licence, the losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of transfer to raise a Final Bill. Any credit balance will then be re-paid. This will include any over payments. The fallback position is the DD Guarantee.

PS If you decide to cancel your DD Mandate then action this via your Bank and not the supplier. The danger of doing this is that the supplier may have no way of re-paying your credit balance.
    • Missdknight
    • By Missdknight 16th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Missdknight
    Awful experience
    Never in all my life have I dealt with such an incompetent customer service department. Took 5 months and constant chasing to get a bill. They then sent an email saying that the contract wording was an error so I decided to move as they were going to charge more and double the direct debit for the winter period. They then took a Direct debit payment (double normal) after I’d moved and changed the 7-10 days refund period to 14 days when it failed to materialise. I had been told by two different people it was 7-10 days and then they change it! Told me I could complain knowing full well complaints can take 5+ working days for a response. Emails take days to get a reply if at all. You can wait 45 mins in a queue and then be told something will be done but it isn’t. Please don’t waste your time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,201Posts Today

9,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin