MoneySaving Poll: When do you think interest rates will go up?

Former_MSE_Rosie
Former_MSE_Rosie Posts: 105
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Best Buy Bear
Forumite
edited 28 September 2015 at 2:18PM in MoneySaving polls
Poll started 28 September 2015

When do you think interest rates will go up?

The base rate has been on hold at its historic 0.5% low since March 2009. The result has been been record low borrowing rates but shocking savings returns. But when do you think they will eventually rise? Dust off your crystal ball and give us your prediction (we asked this last in 2013; it'll be fascinating to see how it's changed).

So when will interest rates rise? Pick the closest to your view.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not much interest so far Rosie. :)
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Gemini.IDF
    Gemini.IDF Posts: 105 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2015 at 5:52PM
    We saved hard for retirement and thought the interest from them would top up our State Pensions! For a while it did, but the last several years have seen our savings income drop by three-quarters! We can't claim Pension Credit or Help with Council Tax either because the Goverment assumes astonishing rates for every £100 of savings! :eek: Would that they were as high as this. We'd be rich! It makes us think we were mugs to save for our retirement. People we know have earned far more than us during their working lives and spent it all. Now they're there with their hands out and getting all the benefits going! Recently the Media have been talking about abolishing universal benefits for the retired too! We'll be paupers if they do! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure