IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - ANYONE who gets a 'ticket' - please read

Comments

• Gav74
    Gav74 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Is UKPC definitely a PPC then? I was worried that it was just a council department?

I got back to my car to find a warden putting a ticket on my car and taking photos. When I asked why he said it was a disabled space.
    There were no signs by the side, but he used his shoe to wipe the dirt off of the worn away road marking to show me. There was hardly any marking left to see!

I took a photo of the parking bay after I pulled out with the intention of appealing (thinking it was a council car park). Now I know it's a private one, I'll follow the advice and just ignore it.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    UKPC absotively posilutely are just a private parking company. (Merry Christmas Pete).

(btw - "Pete" aka Peter Haswell is the Office Manager at UKPC. He has posted here on many, many occasions under a vast array of usernames and will undoubtedly be reading this).
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Peter Haswell is UKCPS isn't he? Different company.

Both private parking companies - neither have anything to do with any Council, Gav74! And their parking goons are not 'wardens' either.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UKPC is private.

Not wardens - employees
    Not tickets - invoices
    Not fines - unlawful demands
    Not law - scam
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Peter Haswell is UKCPS isn't he? Different company.

Both private parking companies - neither have anything to do with any Council, Gav74! And their parking goons are not 'wardens' either.
    Thanks C-M. You are correct.

Obviously far too many mince pies this morning (and they weren't that special either). PH is at UKCPS NOT UKPC.

What a prat!:embarasse
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    HO87 wrote: »
    What a prat!:embarasse

If you are solely referring to PH, I concur ;)
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    pineapple wrote: »
    I don't think it's clever to park willy nilly on these car parks then ignore any tickets if you have deliberately overstayed. And why on earth would we want them to go out of business? They are at least a facility. Is the council going to pick up the slack and create more parking? Don't hold your breath...
    I think those who choose to park in a private car park should either obey the rules or park elsewhere. All those folk overstaying reduce spaces for people like me who just want to do a quick shop then out. It can be especially difficult this time of year.

Unfortunately private car clampers often operate in these car parks. And paying up is usually the only way of releasing your car. It's those who get clamped or towed for a minute over - or for parking a fraction over a white line etc that I feel sorry for. There is one notorious car park/clamping double act in Haworth West Yorkshire. Now there's someone I would like to see go out of business.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1628325
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/3238972.stm

I was issued an invoice by G24 DESPITE following the rules. How does that fit with your ridiculous support of PPCs ?
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • pineapple wrote: »
    Unfortunately private car clampers often operate in these car parks. And paying up is usually the only way of releasing your car.

Or, if they've threatened to dispose of your vehicle, trot down to Court and get a without-notice delivery up Order on the spot. You need to have considered the legal aspects (which vary) and tell the other side in advance you're going to do it so they can turn up, they won't but you'll get any amount of grief if you don't offer it.

(don't try this at home, it's a very high threshold and you need properly drafted witness evidence, Particulars etc, and issue a claim at the same time, so don't do it without legal advice. After QOCS comes in it might be easier/safer).
    and sometimes i just sits
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't think clampers operate in any supermarket or retail park carparks. That's just scaremongering!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Most were in the days of BR. Some people slag of BR saying they were **** etc but the fact is since privatisation ticket prices have gone up, railway car parks are no longer free, the trains (though some are new after the slamdoors were finally replaced) are still dirty and they still don't run on time!

On top of that I don't think BR got a subsidy from the government either, they were entirely self funding I believe.
    OK, this is straying off topic somewhat, but some correction needed here.

BR was very heavily subsidised, and has always been subsidised right from the time of nationalisation in the 1940s.

As for the car parks, because the train fares are regulated and capped, the ToCs use other uncapped means to raise money, and, just like with the councils, see car parking as a nice little earner for which they can charge what they like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure