Morrisons Fuel Saver tokens

Options
Just been to Morrisons to buy an Amazon gift card as usual so as to get my fuel saver voucher and I was handed another slip of paper. On checking it seems Morrisons is ending the very useful fuel saver discount from 11th July :mad:

As I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, buying their gift cards from Morrisons was a great way of saving money on fuel. Normally I would buy a £100 Gift card giving me 10p a litre off fuel. With a typical fill of 50 litres I would save £5.

Now I see you will get 25 points per £1 spent on gift cards which means for a £100 card I get 2500 points worth only £2.50. Laughingly on their website explanation they state
Why is fuel saver changing?
We have listened to our customers etc....

Apparently I wanted my benefit cut in half. Hmmm!

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Hornet wrote: »
    Just been to Morrisons to buy an Amazon gift card as usual so as to get my fuel saver voucher and I was handed another slip of paper. On checking it seems Morrisons is ending the very useful fuel saver discount from 11th July :mad:

As I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, buying their gift cards from Morrisons was a great way of saving money on fuel. Normally I would buy a £100 Gift card giving me 10p a litre off fuel. With a typical fill of 50 litres I would save £5.

Now I see you will get 25 points per £1 spent on gift cards which means for a £100 card I get 2500 points worth only £2.50. Laughingly on their website explanation they state

Apparently I wanted my benefit cut in half. Hmmm!

Is this Public Transport or Cycling?
  • The_Hornet
    The_Hornet Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops! Obviously neither. I didn't realise I was in that board, sorry. Is there any way of moving it to the correct place?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure