Sky Mobile - Do I have to get Data?

I'm a Sky TV & Broadband customer. My Talkmobile 24 month contract is nearly up and looking to move and get a new phone.
I work from home and just use the home wi-fi so I don't have any need for a data plan. Would not taking a data plan exclude me from the unlimited mins and texts offer?

And if so, is there a way to take data at the start of the contract, but drop it after a while (12 months say) and not lose the unlimited min and texts.

Cheers.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You may have to ask Sky your question. Would you not want to use mobile data when your away from home ?

You could just not use the data.
  • If this is a convoluted way of asking if Sky do a minutes & texts only (cheaper) sim then the answer is 'No'.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yep it looks like you have to take some sort of data to get the unlimited texts & calls offer for existing Sky customers.

So just pay £5 per month for the 500mb data and don't use it if you don't need it. You won't get unlimited calls & texts for any cheaper than £5 per month!
  • mac.d wrote: »
    Yep it looks like you have to take some sort of data to get the unlimited texts & calls offer for existing Sky customers.

So just pay £5 per month for the 500mb data and don't use it if you don't need it. You won't get unlimited calls & texts for any cheaper than £5 per month!

I was going to post about it only be a fiver for subscribers earlier but for some reason their website decided to add on an extra £15 when I tried running it through, it's back to the £5 now. Bargain for the OP although you are tied into the Sky TV/BB unless you want to pay an extra £10 for the remainder of the contract.

They also don't (currently) support shortcodes which seems to upset some people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure