Amazon Prime Now minimum spend doubled?

Options
Has anyone else around the country had the Amazon Prime Now minimum spend to qualify for free 2 hour delivery doubled from £20 to £40 with no warning? :mad:

Amazon don't seem to want to answer why this has happened.

I'm in the Portsmouth area.

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 October 2017 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Just looked, still £20 for me!?

Edit, £6.99 for delivery in 1 hour.

Maybe it's to do with proximity to the dispatch warehouse?
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused, is this for anyone with Prime and the minimum order is £40 or just those without Prime?
    Seems a tad high- I think they'll lose a lot of people with the minimum being so high unless they're bringing the cost of Prime down and including free delivery in Prime still.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is Prime Now.

It's a service for Amazon Prime members and offers same day delivery, £6.99 for within 1 hour and free in 2 hour slots after that.

About Amazon Prime Now
  • tracey3596
    Options
    Just checked & mine still says £20.
  • tls1974
    tls1974 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all.

I'd seen somewhere that it was only the Portsmouth delivery area which had had the limit hiked but wasn't sure.

All areas in and around Portsmouth have been affected, no matter how close to the Amazon Prime depot at Whiteley they are.

And judging from the (unanswered) comments on Amazon Prime's Facebook page, they're doing the same thing in America too.

Well, they've lost one customer for sure!
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 November 2017 at 10:46AM
    Options
    I started placing an order last night and mine had doubled from £20 to £40 minimum spend for free delivery too. It was £20 last week. I've had no notice or warning about it either.

I live in Salford, Greater Manchester. And the delivery warehouse is 3.7 miles away from where I live.

They delivered a random and substantial extra item I hadn't ordered by mistake last week. And because I'm honest I refused it and gave it back.
    Wish I hadn't now. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again in a hurry.

I went to my local supermarket instead last night and spent less than £20 on what I needed in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure