IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Final Reminder from Britannia Parking, but I know I paid

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I initially tried to appeal by contacting the only email address I could find. They replied that I had to follow their online appeals process. I filled this out and received a confirmation email telling me I would receive a decision within 35 days.

Three weeks later I received the lettter telling me they had a record on my ticket, but that the full reg hadn't been entered.

At no point have I received a POPLA code.

OK, so in fact it's time to complain to the BPA; email addy in post #9 of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JonP23
    JonP23 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Update

So, I did get my POPLA code from Brittania (they did in fact send it when they rejected my appeal, but somehow I missed it on the letter).

I submitted an appeal with POPLA on the Friday afternoon, and on the Monday I received an email from POPLA saying that Brittania did not wish to contest the appeal and therefore I did not need to pay the charge!

Excellent result and many thanks to all for the advice :T
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    called there bluff and you won , it would have cost them £27 to admit that you paid, to popla ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family