Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Just been getting my stash swap together for Crafty Place and I have noticed there are only 4 of us :( I'm sure Choccy wouldn't mind me mentioning it, so if anyone else wants to join in this month you should sign up today as Choccy will be doing the draw soon.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    I have just bought these from ebay, I just thought I would mention it as it might be of use to some of our new ladies. They are part packs of papers and are really useful for building up your collection. Especially if they are free p&p. I know these ones are Christmassy but you can get lots of others. HTH someone :) Quite often you buy full packs and then have loads left unused.
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Marg hope you don't mind me asking but what is the list for as i'm not on it

liz
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Marg hope you don't mind me asking but what is the list for as i'm not on it

liz

It's the birthday list. It also has everyones address (to send cards to) and email addresses.

Pm Marg - if you want to be added.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    Thank you to everyone who has taken one of the images :)
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Soulie - thankyou for the blinkie. It's working on mine and I didn't even put it on photobucket. Haven't a clue how, but it is! LOL

I just checked, and it is because you have linked to my image on my photobucket account lol
    You will need to upload to your own, {sorry}, and this goes to everyone else too, please double check you are not linking to the graphic on my photobucket account otherwise for every person that sees your 'you know what' it will add bandwidth to my photobucket account and if it reaches the maximum allowed, then none of my images will show anywhere until the next monthly reset lol

So pleaseeeeee check your images.
    I will leave it until the end of the month before I change the code, then if you still have the image linked from my account then the image will no longer show for you. Sorry!

PS. I have added both the images to my 'you know what' for future use in the event of them getting lost/deleted in this thread, or a new thread starting. All people will need to do in the future is search on my 'you know what' for 'MSE', 'badges', or 'blinkies' :)
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

• Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Lizalloareds - I've pm'd you

elysia - got your pms - thank you

I've had a few more email pm's I'll update later - need to make dinner.
  • Marg hope you don't mind me asking but what is the list for as i'm not on it

liz

I think it is just an email contact list to make it easier for everyone. The birthday list is a separate list I think.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2010 at 7:41PM
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Just been getting my stash swap together for Crafty Place and I have noticed there are only 4 of us :( I'm sure Choccy wouldn't mind me mentioning it, so if anyone else wants to join in this month you should sign up today as Choccy will be doing the draw soon.

Ooh - that looks fun! I would like to join in. I've never done a stash swap before. Is it okay if I join in please? I've posted over there as well.

One thing though - I'm not actually sure I've got a 50cm piece of ribbon. I will measure them to see if I can find one, but I'm quite new to ribbon buying and don't have much of a collection. If this is the case can I put two/three smaller ribbons in instead?
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Soulie - where do you get your crafty wins from please? Do they get posted somewhere in order to enter them?
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • lrlrip
    lrlrip Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Fifi_Folle wrote: »
    PS. Forgot to say, hope you have a fab time Irlip! x x x

Had a lovely weekend apart from the weather :( Must have been in every shop in The Metro Centre and Eldon Square with DD and I hate shopping lol
    You are wasting your time :rotfl: we have nothing here, the nearest ones are Hobbycraft @ Team Valley retail park, Papermill shop inside the metro centre, then nearer to Durham you have Dainty Supplies, Imag-e-nation (on the same trading estate just around the corner) and then just outside durham city there is the scrapbook shop. There is also a range in Stockton!
    If you have available transport then you could visit Boundary mill at Shiremoor, and if you fancy a cuppa send me a PM with your number and I will get in touch :j

:rotfl:

Sorry I didn't get this message before I went but I did find "The Scrapbook Shop". I bought my first card and papers so a few more things to order and let the card making begin:rotfl::rotfl:
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Irlip - have fun shopping and congratulations on your first b**g award!

!

What award?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family