MSE News: Sky to increase prices for some...

Comments

• TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    SeeMe wrote: »
    My BB and line rental is out of contract in 9 days and when i click cancel it says unable to view offers online, contact us on this number. Maybe have to wait until i am out of contract before this works. Still thinking of switching though but would like to see any offers.

I'm also still in contract until 1st June. This is the message I get after hitting the "thinking about cancelling" button:

"You are still within the minimum term period of your broadband contract. There may be a charge if you choose to cancel."

Then after answering another couple of questions, the offer appears:

"Free Sky Broadband Unlimited for 12 months
    FREE for 12 months

New 12 month minimum term applies"

The URL of the offer page is below. You could always log in and copy that link to your browser and see if anything comes up:

https://secure.sky.com/cancel-broadband/broadband/offer
  • dcfc67
    dcfc67 Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Called Sky to ask why my tv price was going up when i'm on a 60%off deal for 12 months fixed at £8.80.
    Wa told the discount is off current price. They also mentioned that i'm not subject to a broadband/ line rental increase as I d:ont pay for broadband only line rental.

Told this to my neighbour who is having price increases to both parts despite having free broadband.

I phone call to Sky tomorrow is planned.

Anyone else had issues been offered new deals
  • I can get great deals with virgin media if anyone is interested??
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    Chris_M wrote: »
    So I left BT in January after they put their prices up and then joined Sky!

Now they are putting their prices up!! :mad:

Why are you mad? Didn't you get cashback?
  • Still waiting to be paid cashback for switching via Quidco. Quidco say end of March, although I have my doubts.
    100% debt free
    House - bought and paid for
    Contents - bought and paid for

:beer:
    £12k in '12 No.198: £12,554/£12,000
  • I’ve just signed up to switch back to Sky from Plusnet as my deal is about to end. The deal is £20 a month (plus a series of one of fees) for BB and line rental. I thought since price rise had been announced in the media the price online of £20 would include any price rises? Would anyone else think this, as I got caught about 3 years ago with BT rise prices between me signing up and connecting and not actually telling me about the rise!
  • kazt2006 wrote: »
    I’ve just signed up to switch back to Sky from Plusnet as my deal is about to end. The deal is £20 a month (plus a series of one of fees) for BB and line rental. I thought since price rise had been announced in the media the price online of £20 would include any price rises? Would anyone else think this, as I got caught about 3 years ago with BT rise prices between me signing up and connecting and not actually telling me about the rise!

If that's for ADSL broadband then £20 for new customers (£30 full price) is the raised prices. Doesn't mean it wont go up again within your minimum 12 month term mind.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2018 at 11:30PM
    Chris_M wrote: »
    Still waiting to be paid cashback for switching via Quidco. Quidco say end of March, although I have my doubts.

As long as it does & you haven't received your notification of an increase already then 30 days should give you plenty of time to get the cash back and switch.

I was counting on a price rise around now, but I was hoping the cash back would come in first. I got the prepaid card already, so I might take a punt on leaving anyway. If I stay then I lose chance of getting more cash back and they might not pay out anyway.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Although I've yet to receive formal notification from Sky on any price increases, my Billing record show that I'm liable for increased charges as of April. Given this fact, I contacted Sky via online chat, their assistance was abysmal and Retentions were damned rude in my opinion. Will see what options exist once I get the formal notification, however, if they desire my custom I'm unwilling to pay more per month than that agreed in January this year - moral of the tale, helps to speak to helpful folks at Sky and not mechanical morons.
  • w50nky
    w50nky Posts: 418 Forumite
    TCA wrote: »
    I'm also still in contract until 1st June. This is the message I get after hitting the "thinking about cancelling" button:

"You are still within the minimum term period of your broadband contract. There may be a charge if you choose to cancel."

Then after answering another couple of questions, the offer appears:

"Free Sky Broadband Unlimited for 12 months
    FREE for 12 months

New 12 month minimum term applies"

The URL of the offer page is below. You could always log in and copy that link to your browser and see if anything comes up:

https://secure.sky.com/cancel-broadband/broadband/offer

I logged into my account yesterday and followed your steps. I was given the same offer as yourself which is Free broadband for 12 months and £18.99 line rental. This is cheaper than my existing rate so quite happy with this. Even if they bump line rental by a couple of quid shortly it works out ok for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you! :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport