PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Fab knit witch. :)

I would like to join the challenge and lose 4lb in the 8 weeks that is left. My weigh in will be on a Friday.

B: weetabix, skimmed milk,no sugar (was 'orrible. Banana next time)

L: beans on wholemeal toast

D: salmon, boiled potatoes, green beans

Snacks : handful walnuts, frozen yoghurt (never to be bought again as only 30% was yoghurt, 10% was fruit, the rest fillers and oils.) :mad:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just crept in from an enjoyable evening with family. DGS hasn't arrived yet as sea was very choppy and he doesn't do choppy seas awfully well.

I managed to do quite well and got away with a glass of wine, a sausage roll and a handful of rather dubious jelly babies forced on me by my grandaughter's grubby hand. so hoping not too much damage has been done.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Planned today's meals in advance and actually stuck with it.

L: parsnip and squash soup with a bit of curry pdr, apple
    D: loads of vegetables and a piece of cod in breadcrumbs, sugar free jelly, 20gm dark chocolate, two pieces of a Terry's chocolate orange.

That used to be my favourite chocolate but they changed the shape of the segments and it cut the amount of chocolate down - sad.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    Planned today's meals in advance and actually stuck with it.

L: parsnip and squash soup with a bit of curry pdr, apple
    D: loads of vegetables and a piece of cod in breadcrumbs, sugar free jelly, 20gm dark chocolate, two pieces of a Terry's chocolate orange.

That used to be my favourite chocolate but they changed the shape of the segments and it cut the amount of chocolate down - sad.

I had some chocolate orange last night and you are totally right.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Saturday is my day off food wise and I eat whatever I want and as much as I want.

Today

B/fast - hm porridge with nutella and two large scotch pancakes with chocolate chips, 2 mugs of coffee.
    Lunch - protein shake, greek yoghurt with banana and granola
    Tea - large salad with a tuna steak, hummus, and a piece of fruit.

Next week won't be that good a week as it is half term and DH is off work too so my routine and eating will go to pot a bit.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know how, but I'm -1lb

:j
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've STS this week. I'm happy with that as I seem to have a decent loss every other week. My aim for the coming week is to drink more water.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all and welcome to the newbies!

STS for me again, happy with that. My all fruit Thursday went better this week but I have a confession to make. I've changed my hours at work and the lovely lady at work makes me fried bread especially ( cos she's lovely and she loves me, especially after I offered to swap my holiday dates with her!) OMG 2 bits of that a week, divine. Well, bread is made with wheat and that's nearly a vegetable, right? Lol.

A question for those that are fasting a couple of days a week- do you literally eat nothing or do you just not eat for a set number of hours? Thinking of trying that occasionally . Thanks.

Happy Sunday everyone x
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning....
    I have allowed myself 3 figs, 3 tuc crackers and 20g of smelly cheese for lunch as the smell of cooking curry is making my tummy rumble!
    DD wants me to cycle in France for 4 days
    later this week....hope my knee is feeling stronger.

I hope that everyone is having a lovely day.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon all

Just realised that I haven't posted since Thursday! I have had a very busy Friday and weekend but I have still managed to stay on track and also managed to keep my steps up.

Friday I did 9,075 plus 9 floors, Saturday I did 8,632 steps and 10 floors which is unheard of for a weekend for me (normally too busy doing housework).

Today we had breakfast and then went for a walk as it was lovely here so already have done 10,143 steps today and 11 floors so really happy with my weekend fitness :j

Menu wise today was/is
    Breakfast: 2 x slices of Hovis granary toasted with Leerdammer light and ham
    lunch: 2 x kingsmill thins with roast beef, lettuce and mayo
    dinner: Chicken suffed with sausage and stuffing mix and wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes, carrots, brocolli and brussels sprouts.

Well done on the losses - Tired Trophy, Lynnejk, katiepants, Dandy-Candy and Greysleyrover.

Hello dolly84, fuddle, donnajt, Bearpearsun

Happy belated 'first kiss' anniversary Dandy-candy

Oh Zafiro Terrys chocolate orange is one of my favourites. I love the bags of segments and we always get one of those for xmas.

Weigh in tomorrow but I think next week I may change to a Friday morning as it means less pressure over the weekend. I will see how it goes as that may just make me go wild at the weekend thinking I have all week to make it up :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure