PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not doing quite as well as just had hazelnut meringue forced on me by a neighbour....seems diet is not a word that translates round here!
    It was, in my (and her) defence, very small.....and delicious.

Having complained about the heat, it is now so cold and wet that the bus had the heating on!

Sausage casserole and cauliflower for dinner.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 10 August 2017 at 5:38PM
    Not a brilliant work for me, hubby is off work for 2 weeks watching the kids so he has been 'cooking' for me when I get home from work, which is lovely but he wouldn't know low fat if it bit him on the b@m! If it's not got melted cheese on it then it's not cooked! �� So it's sts for me this week

Unfortunately having to replan all my meals from now until Monday as the oven has given up the ghost in a smell of plastic and a melted plug! Not sure what happened as the socket seems okay? Anyhow new oven coming on Monday.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 9.68/22 :):):):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 0/3
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 2/6 :):)
    Doveling … +1/9 :(
    Florence J … 3/10 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 4.8/13 :):):):);):A
    GDB2222 … 6.54/28.6 :):):):):):);)
    Gresleyrover … 4.2/4 :):):):D
    Karcher … 2/7 :):)
    Knit Witch … 4.5/10 :):):):);)
    Lynnejk … 3/8 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 1/6 :)
    Monnagran … 4/7 :):):):)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    RicardaRacoon … 2/9 :):)
    SezzaF … +2/7 :(:(
    Short_bird … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    SIRENS … 2/8 :):)
    Tea Lady … 4/14 :):):):)
    Tessie bear … 0/11
    TiredTrophy … 0/13
    Weewdy … 10/10 :):):):):):):):):):D
    Zafiro1984 … 2.5/14 :):);)

4 st 12.72 lb :j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):):):):):);):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • My weigh in won't be Sunday, most likely Tuesday.

Gym is going well though. Personal trainer is surprised at my level all things considered and i've shown improvements in my first week and I feel fairly decent. Certainly improves my energy through the day although my health conditions tend to determine that.

Hope everyone is well :)
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017) :cool: :j

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed :D

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle :cool:
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not doing quite as well as just had hazelnut meringue forced on me by a neighbour....seems diet is not a word that translates round here!
    It was, in my (and her) defence, very small.....and delicious.

Having complained about the heat, it is now so cold and wet that the bus had the heating on!

Sausage casserole and cauliflower for dinner.

Meringue has to be one of my favourites and nuts (any variety) I adore. As you say not googd for the regime!
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    STS

Oh well....

Gym review today...going back after injury and holiday, loads of adventures with super fit DH booked:eek: two days of 7 hour hikes to 3000m anyone?

I'm not super overweight, just inelegantly podgy - clothes never fit and hang badly and the Doc wants 5 to 6 kg off for my knees and blood pressure. It's mostly tummy and my arms are heavy....I have lovely ankles!

So I must get on with it. Fish for dinner today.

Have a great day everyone.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    One fasting day is fairly easy if you drink plenty, don't go for a run and don't have to cook for anyone else.
    Two is trickier to fit in a week....and cooking for others is a disaster.
    The weight shifts about 24 hours later.

Drum roll please............ .8 lbs lost, not quite a full pound but hey, who's counting!!! I managed 2 fast days this week, Monday and Thursday. I do a mini fast Thursdays as I work in the evening so not home for dinner and hubby was away on Monday so another mini fast day. They seem to be working as this is the first time I've lost weight on this stage of the challenge.
    I'm changing my hours at work soon so I'll be home on Thursday evening, mini fast days then will be harder if hubby is home as he's such a good cook!

Happy Friday everyone x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 August 2017 at 3:02PM
    Oooh! Well done CathA. That is one terrific loss.

I can only claim -1lb but that's OK. I might be boring but I'm still losing.

Today.

Breakfast: boiled egg. 2nd half of yesterday's roll.

Lunch: A S*bw*y chicken salad.
    Rum and raisin ice cream cone. Very healthy. Raisins are fruit. Yes?
    Snack. 1 Apple.

P.S.. Sorry about the lack of colour, KnitWitch. That is a 1lb loss buried somewhere in the wordy forest up there.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    New PT at gym....been told to eat oats every day for breakfast. ....don't like oats so no danger of eating too much.

Fantastic cathA!:j
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Great loss Cath👏
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income