Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    darren72 wrote: »
    If you have someone else in your household that could sign up as a new customer then you might be able to get one of the fantastic deals that are available. Like the one I got - TV, 100Mbps broadband, weekend phone package, line rental - all for £23 per month along with free activation and £50 credit.

How did you manage to do it at this price as their online deals start from £32?
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    hunsbury0 wrote: »

I have a contact at Virgin Media that I have received the above from and passed friends and family on to.
  • hunsbury0
    Forumite
    darren72 wrote: »
    I have a contact at Virgin Media that I have received the above from and passed friends and family on to.

I wish that had a contact but they don't want my custom, so I am off to BT for a year & check for the best deals in a years time.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have given up with vm, as I have given the notice, I will go to bt , also my landline has to be active at the time of transfer to port the number over. I will go to bt as long as I can get min 20mb unlimited broadband. They guarantee minimum is 50 mb for my address.

Did you give notice weeks ago and are now at the end of your cancellation period, or have you just given them your cancellation notice?
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    darren72 wrote:
    If you have someone else in your household that could sign up as a new customer then you might be able to get one of the fantastic deals that are available. Like the one I got - TV, 100Mbps broadband, weekend phone package, line rental - all for £23 per month along with free activation and £50 credit.

Forgot to say. My contact at Virgin Media now tells me that they can do the same deal above for £20/month all-in. So after the £50 credit that works out at the equivalent of £15.83 per month !

I'll have to let all my friends know in case they want the offer as I can't see it lasting long!
  • hunsbury0
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    Did you give notice weeks ago and are now at the end of your cancellation period, or have you just given them your cancellation notice?

I rang them last week but told me to try today as today was 1 month from when my discounts finish, so I gave notice today & they would not budge.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I rang them last week but told me to try today as today was 1 month from when my discounts finish, so I gave notice today & they would not budge.

I'm sorry but you are clearly not paying any attention to the posts above and therefore it is no surprise you have not been offered anything worth staying for.

Give notice, await Outbound call. Don't give notice, you will not get any decent offers and stay on your current deal. Don't feel disheartened as you need to follow the process and it generally pays off.

Now you have actually put in your notice there is a strong chance Outbound will call you - even if you still go through with your BT order it is worth the conversation with them, if they call within 14 days, as you could still cancel BT if the offer is worth staying for.
  • hunsbury0
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are clearly not paying any attention to the posts above and therefore it is no surprise you have not been offered anything worth staying for.

Give notice, await Outbound call. Don't give notice, you will not get any decent offers and stay on your current deal. Don't feel disheartened as you need to follow the process and it generally pays off.

Now you have actually put in your notice there is a strong chance Outbound will call you - even if you still go through with your BT order it is worth the conversation with them, if they call within 14 days, as you could still cancel BT if the offer is worth staying for.

Thank you for your tips. I did not want to loose out on the £150 reward which expires today. I don't think that VM will entertain me.
    I will see if they ring me within 13 days as I do not want 2 contracts at the same time!
    I may miss their calls if they ring on the landline between 7.00 am to 6.00 pm as I am at work or travelling during these times.
    I was told by VM to ring today as then it will be a month before the discounts expire & also was last day today for BT reward £150.
    I also cancelled VM Mobile which was good deal- £ 5.00 for unlimited minutes , unlimited texts, 250mb data. Data was low, but it did not affect me as I have Wi-Fi at home & work. I left due to poor reception- people were complaining that they couldn't get connected sometimes & also the texts they sent did not arrive , not even at a later time!
    Gone to Tesco Mobile who use O2, which has a better reception where I live. £7.50 for 500 mins, 500mb data, 5000 texts. 12 month contract. Number will be ported tomorrow.
  • Icecannon
    Icecannon Posts: 93 Forumite
    Does anyone know if the sales guys that knock on the door can offer good deals?

Had a card left, just after BB, basic tv, see online it's £32, just wondering if it's worth giving the guy that called a ring to see if he can offer a better deal.
  • hunsbury0
    Forumite
    Icecannon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the sales guys that knock on the door can offer good deals?

Had a card left, just after BB, basic tv, see online it's £32, just wondering if it's worth giving the guy that called a ring to see if he can offer a better deal.

If you are going to join online, then checkout TCB or quidco for any cashback deals
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback