The 1% Challenge - 100 ways to make your 1%

Comments

• Morning all,

Just checking in to see how everyone is! How are you all balancing any money needed for Christmas and putting towards your percents?
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lynseydee wrote: »
    happytails, when you list baby clothes on e-bay do you list in bundles or individually? We have a load of clothes that our 2 year old has grown out of and are talking about doing a car boot but didn't know if e-bay would be better.

Hi lynsey. i find a bundle of 3 items work best (just make sure they stay in the Royal mail £2.60 price bracket so the postage isnt off putting) Hope that helps :)

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Free listing again this weekend everyone!

I will be doing a marathon listing weekend to get that craft stuff on there I photographed last weekend along with relisting everything else - fingers crossed!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Number 23, need to sign back up with a new amount as have a major expense, not sure how much yet, should find out in the next few weeks. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the ebay listing, guess that's what I'll be doing this weekend.... Checked TCB and had just over £1 in there so that is probably 0.01%.
  • fedupandskint
    Forumite
    47 items listed - 26 relisted and the rest put on this afternoon

Some more to work through later on - time for a break now!
  • happytails
    Forumite
    Thats great fedup, im hoping to list some bits tonight but had a hectic weekend, littlest turned 1 on Friday and had 2 parties yesterday and catching up with housework today. Just need a few solid hours free of kids to get things listed - oh if only it was so easy lol

xx
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Wow there is some great progress since I last looked here! I really really really need to make an effort to do ebay this week - I have just really struggled to find time with working more, my own kids, housework & just generally living! I'm sure I can rack up a percent if I put a bit of effort in! If I don't do it this week can somebody kick me please????!!!
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • fedupandskint
    Forumite
    That was a marathon listing session today - 69 items on there now. Shows how much stuff I have to shift!
  • happytails
    Forumite
    Well i didnt get anything listed. Grr. managed to get my bedroom sorted though and got a dehumidifier in there and sorted out the drafts. But then the evening rolled round and i noticed the radiators werent on. Turns out my boiler has stopped working :@ tried to get it back on to no avail. Text my gas engineer/plumber this morning but no reply yet. Will call him at Lunch if no reply. Will not be happy if it costs us an arm and a leg :(

Im thinking the husband will be doing 4 hours overtime x3 a week from next week to get some more %s and possibly pay for a new boiler/new part. Which means He will be working 9-9 and ill have the kids on my own. But needs must. Hopefully though on nights the kids are asleep on time i can sew or ebay.

Sarah x
  • Looks like there has been good progress on here since I was last on :) Well done all.

I'm pleased to declare another 3% towards my savings target. Taking me up to £200 (4%). Managed to (finally!) sell a large batch of academic books from about 10 years ago, and also sold one of our bookcases to a friend.

Wish I was as good at focusing on saving as I was at tackling debt when doing this challenge before! I did manage to list 27 items on ebay yesterday though, which is the first ebaying I have done in about 5 months. So hopefully turning the corner!
    Total money owed: [STRIKE]31/07/11- £17,877[/STRIKE], LBM - 14/10/12 :j, 01/06/13 - £0 DEBT FREE!!!! :beer:
    New challenge- save an extra £5000 from non-salary -£1600 (32%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure