los pandos vineyard

Comments

• glamdring
    glamdring Posts: 50 Forumite
    anybody with any contact information for Mike Clews?

The contact information for m&c head office is useless. Mike Clews apparently has a UK residence.
  • glamdring wrote: »
    anybody with any contact information for Mike Clews?

The contact information for m&c head office is useless. Mike Clews apparently has a UK residence.

There are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud. This is a criminal offence. Have the police been contacted?
  • The following is my understanding having pieced several bits of information together, though I cant say definitively that its absolute fact.

Mr Montoro was the lawyer for many of the original purchases but I have no reason to believe he is part of a fraud, or that there is a fraud. However, I have not (yet) proceeded with legal action because the fees were too high and I am conscious of throwing good money after bad.

Several years ago I purchased land, and until very recently was in frequent contact with representatives of M&C. There were originally 400 land investors and about 2 years ago when contracts had expired, about 90% exited. I understand they all received their money back as the company had a call centre business generating extra funds. This, and the fact that this diversification (and the intelligent metamorphosis of the site to attract business clients as well as residential investors after the collapse of other mass-residential projects like Polaris World) impressed me and I remained 'in'. I was regularly kept up to date with planning progress etc.... until very recently.

I was told that recent UK legislative changes to pension fund investment criteria has effectively 'nobbled' sales efforts to obtain additional funds. This has left them with a cashflow issue. I spoke to Mike Clews before Xmas last year and he reassured me he was working on some deals and the matter would be resolved early this year. However, like many other investors have found, he is now not taking calls.

There is clearly a staff exodus and a massive downsizing- which I can understand if the above is true. The person I dealt with was Andy Welland, who has now left (and has taken his contact details off linked-in). Then I dealt with Wendy Baggs but she has also left the company. Then it was Marina who apparently is still with the company but does not answer emails and has no contact number. The only point of contact is Mr Orozco.

I received a general email letter from Eduaro Martin about 4/5 weeks ago that investors would be allocated a handler and updated in about 3 weeks time. That has not happened.

I can understand the challenges faced by the company but can not understand this lack of communication and this is what is worrying me. At best it is unprofessional; at worst indicates the pland are on the rocks. Despite reassurances that my investment is 'safe' because of the capital value of the land, this is very different to turning it into cash.

I am worried and shall keep trying to contact them.

In the meantime, any other constructive information is welcome.
  • This all sounds like a particular plot from a sordid episode of Eldorado in the early 90s, or Watchdog when Ann Robinson was on it.

I can only wish anyone who invested in this the best of luck, particularly in getting your money back.
  • If Mike Clews has a UK address this is very interesting development. Can you please email me [EMAIL="trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk"]trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk[/EMAIL] I dont want to put information regarding this on an open forum. Thanks
  • If Stadia has sent any one accounts to pay addministration fees re Los Pandos Investments/Sips can you please email me on [EMAIL="trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk"]trevorphillipbuck@live.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Thanks
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hatch999 wrote: »
    I was told that recent UK legislative changes to pension fund investment criteria has effectively 'nobbled' sales efforts to obtain additional funds. This has left them with a cashflow issue.

..and unable to sustain their Ponzi scheme..

It must be a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when people realise they've been had. I'm not an "experienced investor" but having just seen and read this thread from the beginning the bargepole was smacking me round my head.

I've lived in a wine-growing area and know a few growers (as a customer), and it's a hard slog with low rates of return. It's a competitive area and the ones I knew did it for love and passion. Having to go to investors in another country is always a bad sign, as is the existance of "consultants": there's plenty of black money in these local economies that needs a home.
  • The only way forward for any criminal action is to denounce the company and directors to the Guardia Civil. Whether this sort of action could bring criminal against the company and its directors. However, this would probably cost money.
    I am not sure what action could be taken in the UK against the persons selling this product.
    Has anyone any ideas?
  • cidermill wrote: »
    The only way forward for any criminal action is to denounce the company and directors to the Guardia Civil. Whether this sort of action could bring criminal against the company and its directors. However, this would probably cost money.
    I am not sure what action could be taken in the UK against the persons selling this product.
    Has anyone any ideas?

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/sites/default/files/Fraud%20Advisory%20Panel%20-%20Ponzi%20schemes.pdf
  • Best thing is don't pay Stadia any account fees. When the investment is returned to you let them have their money then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure