Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Loving all this talk of artichokes :D I confess I've never had occasion to eat one, and if I did I probably would have done what KC's mum did (I can just imagine the tales at school when you went to France!). Until I read those instructions that is :j Might try growing a few - I do like the look of them :)

Glad you got out to your sister's KC :j Quite a bit of snow still lying round here (we're about 1300ft above sea level I believe :eek: ) but the roads are ok now at least!

What's on the cards for today?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

That whole globe artichoke thing is utterly fascinating! It must be the heart that's in the tins, yes (that sounds awful! But its a vegetable, not an animal!).

Snow's all gone here now - its a bit soggy, and I haven't put my nose outside the door yet. I got an email from what seemed like a legitimate source in France about insurance, and of course my heart sinks when I think about the apartment, but I didn't open it, I could see the first line and it seemed suspicious. Contacted the company on faceache, and it *is* a scam, but took ages to confirm.

Also realised I need to send money to France, but I needed to use new bank details for my transfer people, and that's causing admin I need to clear up today, erm, quite quickly.

Done a YouGov survey too, thats always good, and got SB chunnering in the background.

So, today:
    - sort the English/French transfer.
    - cleaning and tidying, sigh ... so boring!
    - scanning. Also fairly boring, but at least I do other boring things in the gaps while the scanner's whirring :rotfl:

More later :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Money destined for France has arrived at the transfer people :j I was slightly concerned it was waylaid in some mysterious pending sludge at my bank, but now its off to France in time for the mortgage payment on 25th. Got to pay the accountant now.

And only six more mortgage payments to go, one of which is tiny to even things out :j:j:j
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to only 6 more payments! Nearly free!!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    6 months to go is just great :j :j :j :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you both! Yep, I'm pretty pleased with that.

Ahem. Very little cleaning and tidying got done yesterday, I seem to have a thing about it. Well, I know perfectly well I have a thing about it :rotfl: it feels like a complete waste of time. Ah well.

So, today: yes, cleaning and tidying. This encompasses many tasks, and many objectives. Global peace is much more likely than the possibility that all of the tasks will be done. I gave myself a slight leg-up yesterday by cooking an extra portion of lentils etc (mixed with barley! that's a keeper).

I also managed to stack some branches due for the bonfire in a better place - only just in time too, there's creeping grass and a couple of brambles taking root where it was. Plus branches overhead that need pruning - garden has regressed to crisis management temporarily, its so sunny here today that I might be able to finish that off.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh, I hadn't realised you were so close to the end of the French mortgage either! :j Yay! :j

Hope it's as sunny where you are as it is here. Still rather nippy, but gloriously blue skies :j
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What is the plan for the French property once it's all yours?
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    6 months will fly by - are you going to sell then?

Glad that you have been taking it gently - but still getting lots done.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Gosh, I hadn't realised you were so close to the end of the French mortgage either! :j Yay! :j
    So many Yays! :j:j:j
    Hope it's as sunny where you are as it is here. Still rather nippy, but gloriously blue skies :j
    I think it is, Cheery - I washed some fleeces this morning, and they're nearly dry :)
    What is the plan for the French property once it's all yours?
    It's still leased out to the same holiday firm, so options don't change, really. I want to get my act together to check with my accountant whether its true that I can sell right now without having to repay the VAT, and if I can, I put it up for sale right away, don't need to finish the mortgage for that, even. Erm, I could email them at the same time as I send them their annual payment. Yes, lets pretend I already thought of that. I'll pay and email tomorrow :D
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Glad that you have been taking it gently - but still getting lots done.
    Thanks! Everything hinges on getting enough/more sleep, so its touch and go, but I'm going in the right direction, happily.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure