Le cochon returns - we’re back!

So after an absence of several years we are back!
We are now in a position to start to overpay again and I have DH properly on board at last.
We moved into our current house in January 2011 and started making some regular repayments a couple of years ago and those are now £500 a month. We are also throwing anything additional at it that we can too.
Today it stands at £62752.21 but that doesn’t take into account £260 I have paid in this weekend. Our interest rate is 2.55% and it’s a tracker so no penalties.
Ideally we would like it paid off before we are 60 so that gives us just under 3 years. Then I can think about retiring!
I will try to find my two old threads and fill you in a bit on my story since the last time too.
Feeling determined and happy to be back! :j

Comments

• clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Wow! I used to always read your previous diaries! Welcome back and good luck with this adventure.
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome back poppy oscar and le cochon :) I remember reading your previous diaries and will read this one too! Best of luck.....
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Welcome back PO - I remember 'le cochon'! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Great to see you back, I returned too and am aiming to have all mine paid off by my 61st birthday. Race you!
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey, welcome back! There's lots of us returning at the moment it seems - I've just had a long hiatus too.

Best of luck with the plans - will be following!
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • PoppyOscar_2
    PoppyOscar_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 March 2018 at 7:43PM
    Just overpaid a little £25 - it all adds up. Hope to add more at the end of the month.

So, since I was last here life!!!8217;s been good. I am finally married to the right man - such a sweetheartt. We have a nice life and I count myself very lucky. I no longer chop up chipolatas angrily. I have been promoted a couple of times and dh is on a good salary too. We could probably op much more than we are but dh works away from home so treat ourselves to a nice holiday every summer - usually somewhere hot with palm trees and cocktails.

As I said the aim is to pay it off by the time we are 60 - January and February 2021. I have a spreadsheet. I love a spreadsheet! I think I am the driving force but dh has made some surprise random payments which delights me - quite big ones in the scheme of things. Happy days!

The other drain on our money is our house - we are getting to the final part of doing it up - mostly cosmetic but some big cosmetic stuff like redoing the render..... Hopefully will be finished by the May bank holiday week.

Hello to my old acquaintances - I am glad I am not the only one who fell off the wagon, and I am very happy to have your company now I!!!8217;m back on the journey!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure