Hours worked - VERY confusing

2»

Comments

• joeypesci
    joeypesci Posts: 670
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm not objecting to the extra 6mins. I just want it on the contract. What happens if (they won't but what if) a new manager came in and they clock watched and starting saying "Your contract states you can only have 30mins, why are you having 36mins". I'd explain and just get told "I don't care what the e-mail says, your contract say 30mins".

That is the point.
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377
    Forumite
    Are you in a job where you are literally on a lunch rota for 30 minutes dead (like a customer call centre)? If not, don't make a deal of it unless it actually becomes a problem. I can't remember the last time I cared what I had for lunch - sometimes I get no time. Other times I might take an hour. I'm certainly not paid for it.
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • joeypesci
    Forumite
    KiKi wrote: »
    Are you in a job where you are literally on a lunch rota for 30 minutes dead (like a customer call centre)? If not, don't make a deal of it unless it actually becomes a problem. I can't remember the last time I cared what I had for lunch - sometimes I get no time. Other times I might take an hour. I'm certainly not paid for it.

Yes.

And by law you're required to be given at least a 20min uninterrupted break.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    joeypesci wrote: »
    Now in a new role for a new large employer.

This is key - unless you value your 6mins more than you value your job I wouldn't be creating too many waves on what you want documenting
  • joeypesci
    Forumite
    I hate that saying "creating waves". It's not creating waves it's exercising your rights. Again. the contract states 30mins unpaid lunch which would then work out at 9-5 mon-thurs and 9-4 on friday. But now they've changed it to 36mins unpaid lunch yet not put it on the contract so they can say "its 9-5 every day".

Again, the reason for a request for the contract to reflect the extra 6 mins they randomly added on after the contract was signed is to cover myself. If a new manager appears that clock watches they could possibly, legally pull me up on the extra 6 mins each day if they deem the e-mail as not evidence enough that I'm entitled to that.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,925
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    joeypesci wrote: »
    ...9-5 mon-thurs and 9-4 on friday..
    For 37 hours a week, its 9-4.30 on Friday :-)
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    .40x60 - 24minutes, its not difficult.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income