Amazons advice- Buy it locally !!

2»

Comments

• I've got to say ive always been impressed with Amazons Customer Service, I had a HDD purchased which failed 2 days before the Warranty finished, In less than 24 hours I had my replacement. I've never had a wrong item delivered, although a few have been late.

At Christmas they had quite a few issues with Prime/Stock/Delivery and I haven't been as impressed with them since.

I have no doubts you'll get a refund and can shop locally elsewhere for the tyres, but I wouldn't not use Amazon again, generally, they do a good service..
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Picard91 wrote: »
    I've got to say ive always been impressed with Amazons Customer Service, I had a HDD purchased which failed 2 days before the Warranty finished, In less than 24 hours I had my replacement. I've never had a wrong item delivered, although a few have been late.

At Christmas they had quite a few issues with Prime/Stock/Delivery and I haven't been as impressed with them since.

I have no doubts you'll get a refund and can shop locally elsewhere for the tyres, but I wouldn't not use Amazon again, generally, they do a good service..

Thanks, but unfortunately Amazon have proved to be the most incompetent business I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I did get my two purchases refunded, they collected all three sets of tyres, and that I thought was that, but unfortunately NO, tonight I get home from work and Amazon have delivered a further four tyres to a neighbour, again wrong size, 16" tyres

I was not expecting a delivery, I have not re-ordered anything, I left Amazon in no doubt that I would not use them again, the last order I made was on 6/2/18, this was refunded, and tyres collected, yet they deliver 4 more tyres and checking my credit card, no payment has yet gone through (yet)

I am now stuck with 4 tyres I dont want, I refuse to contact them and have left them in the garden, they can whistle and collect them when they feel like it, I refuse to waste any more time dealing with these buffoons who people seem to speak highly of ?

Oh and I have contacted my bank, and cancelled my credit card to ensure they dont attempt to take payment.
  • I am now stuck with 4 tyres I dont want, I refuse to contact them and have left them in the garden
    Self-defeating, surely?
    I have contacted my bank, and cancelled my credit card
    ???
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am now stuck with 4 tyres I dont want, I refuse to contact them and have left them in the garden, they can whistle and collect them when they feel like it, I refuse to waste any more time dealing with these buffoons who people seem to speak highly of ?
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. As you have taken them in, regardless of whether you've ordered them or not, you now have a legal responsibility to take care of the items.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ^^^ Exactly ^^^

Google for involuntary bailee.
  • neilmcl wrote: »
    As you have taken them in, regardless of whether you've ordered them or not, you now have a legal responsibility to take care of the items.
    I agree the OP has wasted his time cancelling his credit card, time it would have taken him to contact Amazon and arrange for the tyres to be simply collected again.

There really is no point harbouring such a "vendetta" against a faceless corporation. There will be no satisfaction had from leaving the items in the garden surely?
  • neilmcl wrote: »
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. As you have taken them in, regardless of whether you've ordered them or not, you now have a legal responsibility to take care of the items.

:T:T

He's right. In the time it took you to cancel the card you could of just spoke to them on Live chat while having a coffee. We all understand your frustration as we have all been there with other companies I'm sure. But generally, they deliver a good service. There is a underlying problem obviously with this order they need to sort out.

Thinner tyres might be useful in all this snow :P
  • Mummyel
    Mummyel Posts: 14 Forumite
    What a nightmare! I never even thought/considered tyres from Amazon though I seem to get nearly everything else from there!

On a couple of occasions I used https://www.blackcircles.com and they were really reasonable, and the nearest 'supplier' was a local garage we actually use frequently. They must subcontract the work out. Handy though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure