IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Land owner cancelled ticket but UKPC have proceeded to stage 2 anyway

I received a windscreen ticket for allegedly leaving the leisure park. I complained directly to the Land Owner, who informed me that:

"Please be advised that the below ticket has been cancelled for you."

4 weeks later I have just received a Notice To Keeper from UKPC.

I've emailed the Land Owner to inform them of the letter, but just wanted to post on here to find out if this was usual behaviour from UKPC, and whether I need to actually appeal using their process?

Thanks,
Johnny

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 1:30PM
    I received a windscreen ticket for allegedly leaving the leisure park. I complained directly to the Land Owner, who informed me that:

"Please be advised that the below ticket has been cancelled for you."

4 weeks later I have just received a Notice To Keeper from UKPC.

I've emailed the Land Owner to inform them of the letter, but just wanted to post on here to find out if this was usual behaviour from UKPC, and whether I need to actually appeal using their process?

Thanks,
    Johnny

Look, you are talking about UKPC here, thick as they come

If you have it in writing then you are OK, but if you want
    fun, send UKPC a copy telling them to stick it where
    the sun don't shine
    Don't mince your words with these scammers, just low life

The landowner is the boss, not UKPC
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You must continue with the appeals process until you get confirmation in writing from the PPC they cancelled.

Don't miss any deadlines and make sure you get a popla code if no cancellation is confirmed
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    you must tell UKPC that their principal has instructed to cancel.

something like
    Dear UKPC, for the avoidance of doubt, enclosed/attached is a letter confirming cancellation of this parking charge notice from the landowner, as such you must now cease pursuing this parking charge notice with immediate effect.
    I look forward to receiving your confirmation of this, and a full underacted apology from you over the stress and inconvenience you have caused.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Half_way wrote: »
    you must tell UKPC that their principal has instructed to cancel.

something like
    Dear UKPC, for the avoidance of doubt, enclosed/attached is a letter confirming cancellation of this parking charge notice from the landowner, as such you must now cease pursuing this parking charge notice with immediate effect.
    I look forward to receiving your confirmation of this, and a full underacted apology from you over the stress and inconvenience you have caused.

Correct ...... haha, real companies struggle to apologise
    let alone low life scammers

As long as the OP has all this in writing from the
    landowner, does it really matter what the muppets
    do or say, they are not gods.
    Maybe UKPC want another whooping in court
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Asking for a full apology will probably be ignored, if anything replaced with the odious as a gesture of goodwill we have decided to...

If the original poster, JohnnyInamoto has confirmation of the cancellation, this must be sent to the parking company together with something similar to that which I posted previously demanding the PPC stops pursuing this.
    A record of this communication should also be kept.
    If this is ignored by the PPc and they continue to pursue, then a further letter/communication informing them that as their principal has cancelled they have no just cause in continuing to process personal data, and it must be removed from their records.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Cheers everyone. I will proceed and try to force them into an apology :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure