Northern rock loan over £25,000

Comments

• tillboy
    tillboy Posts: 268 Forumite
    On a £30k loan (over approx 8 years) if interest & compound interest (8%) was to be paid back that would just about clear the entire remaining loan balance

But...

Loan was only active for about 2 years before insolvency and why would you want to pay off a loan that’s been written off anyway?
  • Hi, i also have a together mortgage which i took out in 2007 with a loan amount of 29k. I have just looked to re mortgage today and didn't relise that the separate loan amount would go up in interest. Do i have a case? Or do i have to ring a solicitor and put forward my case. Sorry first time i have posted on the internet and don't know where to start.
    An information appreciated cheers Dan
  • Hi, i also have a together mortgage which i took out in 2007 with a loan amount of 29k. I have just looked to re mortgage today and didn't relise that the separate loan amount would go up in interest. Do i have a case? Or do i have to ring a solicitor and put forward my case. Sorry first time i have posted on the internet and don't know where to start.
    An information appreciated cheers Dan

Go back a page or 2 and look for the link to Howlett Clarke solicitors. You do have a case, so get in touch. Good luck
  • Has anyone looked at the Howlett Clarke pack regarding action against NRAM? I've had a quick read and it looks like you could be seriously out of pocket for what is an unknown outcome, that is probably likely to be rejected. I cant see the point unless I'm missing something?

Stu
  • What pack are you referring to?
  • stusimpson wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the Howlett Clarke pack regarding action against NRAM? I've had a quick read and it looks like you could be seriously out of pocket for what is an unknown outcome, that is probably likely to be rejected. I cant see the point unless I'm missing something?

Stu

Isn't it done on a no win - no fee basis?
  • Partly but when you read the detail, theres alot of unknown costs, have you read it?

It actually opens you up to lots of 'other' costs, let me know if you have read it and what you think.
  • stusimpson wrote: »
    Partly but when you read the detail, theres alot of unknown costs, have you read it?

what pack are you referring to? Something online or something you've received in the post? As
    per BBW, I was under the impression cases were being taken on on a no-win no-fee basis but I'm not sure what pack you're looking at. To date I have not had any further correspondence other than the email update sent out last month.....
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Found out yesterday that as loan was settled in summer 2011, unable to go for claim, absolutely guttted!
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi there

May i suggest that you read the cover letter which asks for people to contact us so that we can advise on the documents you have received.

We have offered no win no fee and are seeking ATE insurance to cover the costs of the cases if it becomes necessary to issue a claim, although from the responses we have had it is probably not going to be necessary.

I think it is incorrect to say you could be out of pocket, without first speaking to us and allowing us to do our jobs and advise on the documents you have received, which are clearly Draft documents at this stage in any event.

If you have any issues please do give me a call, im more than happy to discuss and confirm anything in writing too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure