New life worried wife!

Hi

Some of you may know of my bad financial past for those that don't just think of miserey, denial and debt!

Well we have a chance of solving our problems, a fresh start.

We currently live in a static caravan on a park site. We run a small business cleaning cars, which may as well be for charity as we certainly dont make any profit just loss loss and more loss, its been since we set up almost 4 years ago!

We currently get Working Tax Credit of £50 a week which I have to make ends meet on for me, husband cat and dog, plus pay all the bills.

I have a Capitol One credit card which I recently acquired but made sure my limit was set at £200 so I could pay it off quick. However I only use it as a rule as an emergency way of paying for things, I also just have a bank account - just a cash card for the bank (naturally bills are paid by DD). They wont allow me a debit card or cheque book.

We have finance with Curry's also which we are trying to get paid off before we leave, but it doesnt sem possible.

Hubby has 1 crdit card which is maxed out at £600, he pays a little off every month (the minimum they ask for) it is with Capitol One.

To get our long awaited for chance of a new start we have to uproot and re-locate to Wales where my large family live. My husbands parents live close to where we are at the moment, so he has to leave them behind.

We have discovered that house prices are lower and a 2 or 3 bedroom house can be purchased on a mortgage for roughly £60,000. On an intrest only mortgage thats calculated at roughtly £250 a month.

Naturally we will have some urgent issues to deal with when we make the move. Such as accommodation, we will get any jobs initially just to get an ncome for us both, then become choosy about what we would prefer.

I have managed to save around £1,000 over the past 7 months which I am hoping will get us started at least.

We have no furniture or appliances so shall have to start again with that also.

Some may think we are mad to contemplate such a task at the time being, but pull into the picture we have no choice as we cannot remain here either as cannot aford to and we dont pay as many bills as we would in a house, but we may at least halve our site fees (which I add we have not been putting aside) its a chance we have to accept.

I am personally desparately worried with whether we will make it or ot before the £1,000.

We will obviously lose our Working Tax Credit entitlement, become unemployed and even though we have been paying ur own National Insurance Contributions these past 4 years possibly not even be entitld to any benefits at all I fear knowing our luck !

Once we are settled and have accommodation things will start to improve and we can get back on our feet. Which I yearn for.

Can anyone suggest a way to successfully achieve an event free re-location? Plus a happy debt free future?

I can post our outgoings at present if required.

Thank you. I know I / we have been pig headed and not worth helping in the past. But it is now or never time to turn our life around while we can, as were ot getting any younger at 33 and 32 years of age!

Thank you so much in advance.

:P

Comments

• Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Try and find out if the local council in wales runs ILM courses. This is a year long course where you work on placement full time for min pay while becoming qualified for the job during day release training. I know of a few people that have turned around their lives with this. If you could both get on one of these you would have a decent income!
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport