The Money Club????

Comments

• I had a mailer and followup call from these people. A very pushy, presumptive, sales technique. The rep was Michael Bishop on 01212444129, Birmingham he said.

He claimed 200,000+ members. Now at £98/year that equals a lot of income - £1.96m or thereabouts.

He was very keen to provide me with his managers details - Keith Watson. I asked if he was in a call centre and he confirmed that he was. I told him tha I intended to check it out before making a commitment. The conversation lasted about 15 mins during which time he kept up the presumptive pressure sales patter, effectively trying to put words in my mouth or getting me to agree with statements of the blinding obvious and then using this agreement as the route to close his sale. Now I teach sales methods as a management consultant and detected all of this early on. Despite telling him this he persisted with the sales line - clesarly operating to a scripted flowchart system. Ask a question tha is off script and they have a technique to get back on immediately.

This sounded too good to be true. I am advised that when things sound too good to be true, they usually are.

Given what I have read here, I am a no if/when Michael calls back.
  • I received a phone call, totally unsolicited, from The Money Club, based in Datchet, Berkshire, offering me a £1 trial membership, but what they didn't tell me was that after one month they would be taking £98 from my bank account. I have asked for a refund but have been told categorically that a refund is totally out of the question. So please, whatever you do, do not listen to these people, if they phone you as they did me, then hang up. I cannot see any advantage of joining this club. The internet will do for you, what they say they can do. Fraudsters is what I would call them, not telling the complete story. I cannot emphasise enough DO NOT GET INVOLVED!!!!! :mad:
  • rose11
    rose11 Posts: 178 Forumite
    My bf joined but having read this he's cancelled the DD online, does he still have to write to them to cancel? and will they be able to have taken any money out, there wasn't anything taken out,when he cancelled today. But I'm worried they will take £98, he was still in 4 week trial.
  • ryoden
    ryoden Posts: 14 Forumite
    They just called me today, luckily while the seller was spinning me the unreal benefits I took the time to start researching them on the net. Found this thread first and seemed to confirm my opinions.

I tried to let her down gently three times but she wouldnt let go so I just put the phone down on her, cant stand pushy sales reps.
  • moggie228
    moggie228 Posts: 20 Forumite
    I'm glad I looked on here first, I'd had a call from them and thought I'd do a bit of reaearch first, Thanks guys!
  • flying_teddy
    flying_teddy Posts: 20 Forumite
    This company have called my home number (I don't know where they got the number from) countless times despite me having asked them, pleaded with them, and specifically instructing them not to. As far as I'm concerned they are harassing me, and if only i knew who to report them to, I would. They also pull the 'hang up on answer' trick, which we find intimidating. This morning was the last straw. They've annoyed me so much that I actually found I was yelling down the phone at them in a most unseemly fashion - anything to get them to stop calling. Lots of interesting info on 'the money club' on Google though..
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Contact the company rep a few posts and they should be able to get you removed from the list.
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • If you are having problems with calls from the Money Club, we would like to know. Please contact the Money Club Head Office on 01753 733733. Thanks.
  • mol123
    mol123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    thanks for the information. a rep called me today and said that he would call back on monday, as i couldn't make up my mind.
  • The Money Club cold-called me and their high-pressure sales people tried to 'encourage' me to sign-up.

Just to let people know: there are lots of cashback sites out there which are 100% free to join. They don't charge you anything like The Money Club does. The site I belong to is Free Cashback, which has never charged me a penny.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure