IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

McDonald's & MET - almost a month later

Options

Comments

• cinereus
    cinereus Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    your popla appeal wont be based on the above , so search out recent popla drafts over the last 4 months or so, nothing from before 2016

issues will be like

no landowner contract
    poor or inadequate signage (fails the BPA CoP)
    BPA CoP errors (especially clause #13)
    NTK errors
    POFA2012 errors
    not the same as the Beavis case

Thanks for this (and to the other two posters as well).

Could you expand a little on what you mean by NTK errors and POFA2012 errors as I don't think I mentioned these in my original submissions.

Also, is there any point continuing to chase with McD's at this stage?

Cheers!
  • Carthesis
    Options
    You need to compare the written Notice to Keeper you got through the post to the provisions of the Protection of Freedoms Act (2012), specifically Schedule 4, Paragraph 9.

This is a number list of all the information which - BY LAW (as in actual "illegal if they don't do it" law, not the made up law PPCs adhere to) - the NtK has to contain. It contains things like identifying the Creditor clearly, and specifying the charge etc. etc.

Look it up online and carefully compare the wording of PoFA2012 to the NtK. Some PPCs are far worse than others. MET I have no idea about, so you need to look at it and decide if anything is missing.

Also, if you've not had any joy with the local McDs manager, have you contacted the Head Office via social media and also by letter and email? Chief Exec public email addresses can be found in a number of locations on the internet. Write to them explaining the circumstances and see if, miraculously, the managers find the authority to deal with this issue for you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    cinereus wrote: »
    Thanks for this (and to the other two posters as well).

Could you expand a little on what you mean by NTK errors and POFA2012 errors as I don't think I mentioned these in my original submissions.

You will find a few template POPLA appeal points now added recently in 'POPLA Decisions'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cinereus
    Options
    Carthesis wrote: »
    You need to compare the written Notice to Keeper you got through the post to the provisions of the Protection of Freedoms Act (2012), specifically Schedule 4, Paragraph 9.

This is a number list of all the information which - BY LAW (as in actual "illegal if they don't do it" law, not the made up law PPCs adhere to) - the NtK has to contain. It contains things like identifying the Creditor clearly, and specifying the charge etc. etc.

These are the only points I've managed to find:
    POFA2012, Schedule 4, para 9(2)(e): state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—
    (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges; or
    (ii)if the keeper was not the driver of the vehicle, to notify the creditor of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and to pass the notice on to the driver;
    (f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—

Slight problem for (e)(i) in that it says the driver is liable to pay in full, and that the have the right to recover if not paid in full but there is no explicit invitation for the keeper to pay in lieu. Is this a goer?
    POFA2012, Schedule 4, para 9(2)(f): warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—

Does this have to be exactly after 28 days or not? The NTK says "after 29 days" not starting from 29 days.
    POFA2012, Schedule 4, para 9(2)(h): identify the creditor and specify how and to whom payment or notification to the creditor may be made;

It says how to pay and who to make cheques out to but only explicitly identifies MET as the "creditor" in the appeals procedure section.

Are these points worth bundling together in a couple of NTK/POFA2012 paragraphs?
  • cinereus
    Options
    Edited to add another point:
    [the NtK doesn't] show the period of parking (only entry and exit), so that's a 'fail'. Neither do they show the amount of parking charge outstanding (the difference between what's been paid and what should have been paid for the actual period of parking), so another 'fail'.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yep they are all worth including...what does the entire sentence say about 'after 29 days'?
  • cinereus
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep they are all worth including...what does the entire sentence say about 'after 29 days'?

You are warned that if, after 29 days from the date this warning is given (which is presumed to be the second working day after the Parking Charge Notice Issue Date), the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I'd say that is correct, compliant as the date works out right.
  • cinereus
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I'd say that is correct, compliant as the date works out right.

Should it not be after 28 days (i.e. 29 days or later)?

Clearly not a major issue, but "after 28 days" = "29 days or later" != "after 29 days". Anyway, apart from that shall I post up my first draft?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I don't think that is worth arguing, stick with more obvious NTK wording breaches & omissions. Yes, show us all your draft please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure