The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

MSE News: Lloyds fined £4.3 million over PPI delays

"Lloyds Banking Group has been fined £4.3m for delays in paying out mis-sold PPI to more than 140,000 victims..."
Read the full story:

Lloyds fined £4.3 million over PPI delays

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• It is all very well Martin say that Lloyds TSB is getting a "kicking" but actually the owners of Lloyds TSB is primarily the taxpayer.

I trust Martin is kicking himself over this!
  • Interesting news about Lloyds fine but will this actually have any effect. My complaint to Barclays was upheld in December 2011 and a redress agreed, but I am still awaiting payment. The Ombudsman was instructed in July 2012 and all I get from them is that PPI claims are taking about a year to get through.
    3400581 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Fining LBG is of no use to the victims of this cynical manipulation. Instead of lining their own coffers the FSA should make LBG pay compensation of 5% of the award with a minimum of £50 to each victim
  • Brains64
    Brains64 Posts: 210
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3400581 wrote: »
    Fining LBG is of no use to the victims of this cynical manipulation. Instead of lining their own coffers the FSA should make LBG pay compensation of 5% of the award with a minimum of £50 to each victim

Exactly, well said!:T
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm not surprised, Lloyds got Deloitte in to handle this and from about June to October 2011 they had about 300 contractors on high wages sat in offices in Andover, Holburn and Surrey Quays in London waiting for work, with nothing to do, nothing else to do but sit on their bum whilst Lloyds just sat on the 150,000 or so complaints compiling their spreadsheets.
  • roonaldo wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, Lloyds got Deloitte in to handle this and from about June to October 2011 they had about 300 contractors on high wages sat in offices in Andover, Holburn and Surrey Quays in London waiting for work, with nothing to do, nothing else to do but sit on their bum whilst Lloyds just sat on the 150,000 or so complaints compiling their spreadsheets.

I could go for one of those jobs! I briefly contracted for Lloyds/Deloitte, there was not a lot of waiting for work going on then! :(

I'm not sure who makes the decisions on contractors in businesses, they definitely need their heads looking at.

Where I'm currently working a team of 8 have been brought in to audit calculations and have spent the past two weeks being 'bedded in' and learning about the business, processes etc. I'm not sure the people who hired them at c£500 a day quite understand why you bring in contractors!!
    My username refers to my enthusiasm for 'asking the stupid question' I don't think you're stupid!
  • Well despite fines and even more bad publicity, they are still deliberatley stalling claims. I checked with Lloyds that my credit card number was correct and that I had PPI. It was and I did have PPI. So, last Thursday I sent off by recorded delivery my cliam. On wednesday of this week I received a letter from them stating that I did not have PPi and they were closing the complaint.
    Ok, so the last 2 PPI claims ny wife and I have had, both took 7 - 8 weeks to be investigated etc...and then paid out. This recent claim was signed for by them the following day at almost the same time I sent it. So they get my claim friday, and on the monday post the letter of refusal to me. How long did they actually spend looking at the complaint ???
    Sounds like another attempt at fobbing people off in the hope we'll accept defeat. Not me !
  • Brains64
    Brains64 Posts: 210
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Marlyone wrote: »
    Well despite fines and even more bad publicity, they are still deliberatley stalling claims. I checked with Lloyds that my credit card number was correct and that I had PPI. It was and I did have PPI. So, last Thursday I sent off by recorded delivery my cliam. On wednesday of this week I received a letter from them stating that I did not have PPi and they were closing the complaint.
    Ok, so the last 2 PPI claims ny wife and I have had, both took 7 - 8 weeks to be investigated etc...and then paid out. This recent claim was signed for by them the following day at almost the same time I sent it. So they get my claim friday, and on the monday post the letter of refusal to me. How long did they actually spend looking at the complaint ???
    Sounds like another attempt at fobbing people off in the hope we'll accept defeat. Not me !

This is ridiculous beyond belief, first they confirmed that you had PPI on your card, yet now they're saying you haven't??, what's the matter with them are they getting confused looking at their own information??, if so, no wonder customers are confused about whether they've got PPI or not if the banks don't know either:rotfl:, seriously though, normally I would expect them to deny it from the start if they are going to deny to customers that they have it, I'd definitely pursue it, as you say, they're probably hoping that a sizable number of people will accept this bull they seem to be coming out with.
  • Brains64 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous beyond belief, first they confirmed that you had PPI on your card, yet now they're saying you haven't??, what's the matter with them are they getting confused looking at their own information??, if so, no wonder customers are confused about whether they've got PPI or not if the banks don't know either:rotfl:, seriously though, normally I would expect them to deny it from the start if they are going to deny to customers that they have it, I'd definitely pursue it, as you say, they're probably hoping that a sizable number of people will accept this bull they seem to be coming out with.

It's not that ridiculous, someones made a mistake. A letter or a call to Lloyds - or simply looking at any statements will clear up the confusion.

There is no big conspiracy, most lenders are actively trying to get customers to complain.
    My username refers to my enthusiasm for 'asking the stupid question' I don't think you're stupid!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure