problem with iboost+

Options
My iboost has stopped heating water again, just says "water hot" all the time.
I have changed the immersion thermostat to no effect and I had this last year and they changed the iboost.
Any one got any ideas?. They are not responding to my emails.
4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ajbell wrote: »
    I have changed the immersion thermostat to no effect and I had this last year and they changed the iboost.
    Did fitting a new iboost unit last year cure the problem ? If it did but has gone wrong again then the new unit has probably developed the same fault as the old one. If changing it made no difference then you've probably got a thermostat fault on the immersion heater itself. Have you retained a facility to connect immersion heater directly to mains and if so does it work normally when connected thus or not ?
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ajbell wrote: »

Have you got a reset button on your immersion?:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like a fault on the iboost.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Another test you could you is to plug something appropriate into the second output and direct the unit to use only output two (I assume iBoost works in a similar way to the immerSUN in this regard).

If that is dead too then your iBoost has gone pop but if not the problem could be either immersion or iBoost...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure