Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gardening is on my list too. But it's foul here at the moment. Ah well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,496
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Bob, yeah the rain just kept pelting down so no chance to get the garden done.

Went out & got the shopping done and my car washed but still not de-frosted the freezer. :whistle:

When we came back with the shopping I went through 3 food cupboards & tidied them up so I know what we have and tried to group like things together. Also used up an ancient packet of orange jelly crystals & finally made jelly with it, added half a tin of mandarin segments as well.

We had quite a few random sausages in the freezer so DH has de-frosted them and stuck a sausage casserole in the slow cooker. Hoping to have it with mashed potato later.

Whilst he was doing that I did a quick tidy of the two walk in cupboards we have in the kitchen & re-organised them so things are easier to access. Waiting on my Christmas tree bag to put the artificial tree away tidily in one as well.

Kind of hoping to see if I can fit some of our suitcases in the bigger cupboard as well as need to empty & reorganise wardrobes upstairs. Need to make a start on the nursery so need to clear storage upstairs.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yum to sausage casserole! We are on use it up pasta tonight. Just veggie with some cheese thrown on and a garlic bread. Cheap and hopefully filling.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    The sausage casserole was yum Bob :T, your pasta sounds good too. :D DH was already talking about how he will tweak the next sausage casserole by adding different veg etc. We had enough left over to stick a portion in the freezer so that will do one dinner another day. Also had some mashed potato left over so I will prob take that to work tomorrow to use it up as part of my dinner (back on late shifts).

We had the jelly with mandarin segments and some ice cream which has been lurking in the freezer for ages and it was lovely. :D

So today I finally de-frosted the freezer which was a pain in the a$$ but at least it's done and all clean and tidy now. Also got into the garden for 20 mins and managed to dead head and tidy up a bit before the rain started again. Still have the front garden to do though as couldn't face it in the pouring rain.

Have planted some sweet pea seeds that MIL had sent up to us and will keep them warm in the bathroom for now as snow/cold weather predicted later in the week. :(

Got our payslips through today (payday on Friday) and getting quite a good amount due to working through Christmas and New Year. :j Will have to work out what to pay off debt vs what we need to put aside for baby stuff.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Back to work today for 7 late shifts :( DH is on early shifts so won't really see him until next week, we will occasionally pass each other as he gets home and I leave. :cool:

The wind has been pretty bad, fingers crossed work isn't a nightmare later.

So far this morning I've hung a washing up and got my dinner sorted to take to work. Just had some breakfast and having a quick catch-up online and then will try to get some yoga done before getting ready for work. Really need to get back into 30 mins of yoga a day as always feel better for it. Obviously need to do amended stuff now due to my pregnancy but Y0utube is always good for a variety of yoga. :)

Checked 0nepoll and have done another survey, only 30p until cashout. :j

Forgot to mention yesterday that we also managed to strip the bed and wash the sheets so had nice clean bedding last night. :)

The Christmas tree bag arrived in the post so I've moved the tree into it and put it back in the cupboard and it looks a lot better already. :j Have moved the suitcases from the wardrobe upstairs into the space created by using the bag and think it looks ok. Will see what DH thinks later.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    First day back at work wasn't so bad but maternity trousers in the smaller size haven't appeared yet and normal trousers are getting tight. Had to resort to using an elastic band looped round the button & through the buttonhole. :cool::rotfl: Hope the maternity ones arrive today, don't really want to spend money on trousers for work when I have to wear a uniform. :cool:

Managed to do 20 mins of yoga before work yesterday so that's better than nothing.

So far today I've done a bit of housework and had my breakfast. Will try and do some more yoga in a bit.

Only 15p until cashout on 0nepoll now, remembering to check for surveys every day helps. :j Have been a bit lazy with my other surveys though. :whistle:

Daft Siamese cat has parked his big furry bum right in front of my keyboard & my big British has parked himself under the monitor stand and they are batting each other round the face. :rotfl: Not very easy to type with cat battles going on. :rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Payday today, so have managed to make a bigger PAD than usual (£40 rather than the usual £1) and have rounded my smaller loan down to £2700. :j This one has the higher interest which is why I'm padding to it first.

Debt total is currently at £9225.45 but should go under 9k when the monthly payment for our bigger loan goes out next week (although will have to make a small overpayment to get it there). :j:j

We also have a small 0% BT which is being paid off but only £150 left on that card now so it will be paid off with our next pay. :beer:

Still to work out what to do with the extra money received in our pay this month but suspect it will probably be moved into a separate account to be used for baby stuff as we really need to start getting organised. :o

Still no new maternity trousers at work, elastic band holding for now. :rotfl: Luckily can wear my own clothes to work at the weekend.

Did a quick 15 mins of yoga yesterday but giving myself a break today as feeling very tired. 5 more shifts to go until 2 days off. :cool:

No 0nepoll surveys today so still 15p until cashout. :(

Need to shop around online for cat dental biscuits as just filled up the furry terrors' biscuit machine (feeds them automatically at the same time every morning - no more listening to the tortured wailing of 3 cats wanting breakfast :rotfl:) and will need more in a week or so. We buy the dental biscuits as our oldest cat has really bad teeth and they seem to help but can be expensive.

The snow was quite light here yesterday but had a big flurry in the afternoon as I was driving to work. Then it all went very icy by the time we were leaving work (11:30pm) & a lot of the roads hadn't been gritted. :eek: Just went slowly and got home without any drama, hope tonight is better.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Had a horrible stitch like pain in my side all day yesterday, don't know if it was nerve pain as it was the side the baby was fidgeting about at but was quite bad. Had a microwave heat pad in my locker at work so could use that to ease it thankfully. It's gone this morning which is good as was a bit worried about it & probably would have phoned the midwife triage line about it if it was still there. Will do that anyway if it comes back. Now a bit worried at my inability to deal with pain. :eek:

Feeling a bit achey & my hip on the other side is sore today. On day 4 of late shifts so tiredness might just be catching up with me.

Got another survey on 0nepoll so only 5p until cashout. :j

Bought the cat biscuits online and topped up their wet food whilst I was at it so £40 down on that yesterday but it should last them around 8 weeks so could be worse for 3 cats. The biscuits will last longer as well becuase I mix some cheaper grain free biscuits through the dental stuff to try and make it last longer. :o

Roads were a bit icy again yesterday but not as bad as the night before.

Big fluffy cat sitting right in front of the keyboard again so having to practically rest my chin on his back so I can see the keyboard to type. He's proof-reading my post I think. :rotfl:
  • I always think of labour as positive pain - in that you do get something nice at the end of it:rotfl:

Was just catching up from yesterday and was going to post about the cat biscuits but I see you have already brought them.

I use Zooplus for my dog/cat food - they are an online company who sell all things pet related. I place an order every month. It is so much cheaper than anywhere else - I must be saving a fortune.

Who do you buy from?
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Hi EE, that sounds like a good way of looking at labour. :o:eek: I'm trying not to think about it for now. :whistle::rotfl: It doesn't help that I work in an office full of men who like to try and wind me up with horror stories about their wives' pregnancies and labours. :eek: On the whole they do look after me though - they like to pretend they have manners by carrying bags for me. :rotfl: That's when they're not all farting at each other & blaming me. :eek: Do men ever grow up?:cool::rotfl:

It's Zooplus I use as well, great minds EE. :beer: Yes they are much cheaper and the food is better quality. Most of the tinned cat food I buy is German so I have little idea of what the labels say but the cats seem to like it. :rotfl: Can also get it delivered by DPD rather than Y0del (who like to chuck boxes fulls of tins over my 6 foot tall side gate :eek:).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback