Sign this Petition to trigger a 2nd EU Referendum

cirrus18
cirrus18 Posts: 185 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 June 2016 at 10:46PM in Campaigns corner
Around two and half million people have already signed this petition to have another referendum regarding the EU if the in or out vote gets less than 60%.

If you agree, please sign this petition. Click on the following link; https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Don't forget to forward this email to all of your contacts.

Petition EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

2,403,635 signatures

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate
Waiting for 1 day for a debate date
Government will respond

Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Waiting for 1 day for a government response

Comments

• robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2016 at 1:41PM
    So how many referendums do we have until we are all happy.

75% turnout, with a 60% is a unreachable target unless you make people vote compulsory by law, with a fine if they don't.

But you do realize that it was only an ADVISORY vote with no legal requirement of the Government to follow it, so the Government could still say we are staying in the EU.

So what is this rule, Any link to an official Gov site with the rules written in black and white please?

So sorry I will not sign this petition.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Fishingtime
    Fishingtime Posts: 757 Forumite
    First Post
    We should have a petition against this petition
    Owing on CC £00.00 :j

It's like shooting nerds in a barrel
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Democracy is so inconvenient when it produces the 'wrong' result.
  • robin58
    antrobus wrote: »
    Democracy is so inconvenient when it produces the 'wrong' result.

That is the trouble with the world today.

Why would anybody vote to go out or stay in without knowing what their vote will do.

Nobody would sign for a mortgage or a loan without thinking how this would effect their lives in the long run.

I vote with full knowledge that when I put a 'x' in that box, I have considered what that vote will do, as it could even be the one vote which swings the argument.

If I don't agree with either side, I spoil my ballot. BUT I have voted and expressed my view.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    "The 2nd referendum “petition” is wide open to fraud". And it has been proven that not all votes are UK citizens

https://off-guardian.org/2016/06/25/the-2nd-referendum-petition-is-wide-open-to-fraud/
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    yes look at this!!

e UK Parliament online petition for a second referendum, currently containing upwards of a million alleged signatures is open to almost unlimited fraud, and likely worthless.

Although we might assume such a potentially significant petition would be subject to at least basic checks on identity to prevent fake identities and duplication, one of our own frequent researchers can confirm this is not true, and he has sent us the screen caps to prove it.

The researcher, who does live in the UK, signed the petition twice today, within minutes, from the same computer, using fake names and email addresses designed for the purpose. The only test of his ID was a simple checkbox that asked if he was a UK citizen. He was not asked to provide a street address, or any proof of ID. He gave two different – and false – postcodes, one in Manchester and one in the West Country. This is a screen shot of the two confirmatory email he received after each of these attempts…

Screen-Shot-2016-06-25-at-13.36.46x

He apparently made no attempt to conceal what he was doing. He did not use a proxy IP or any other means to cloak his origins. He tells us even the names he used were blatantly fabricated. Yet as you can see they were both accepted without question.

It seems that all you need in order to be eligible to sign this petition is access to the internet. You can sign up as many times as you like, with as many names as you like, and the only limit is how many fake email addresses you can be bothered to create.

This raises obvious questions about the alleged “thousands” or even “millions” of signatures claimed in outlets such as the BBC and the Guardian. It’s reasonable to ask how many of these alleged signatories were verified as real people, and reasonable to assume, on what we know so far, that none of them have been. it’s also reasonable to ask why no journalists at the Beeb or Graun are asking these questions.

Our independent experiment seems to offer some support to the ongoing open source investigations in various places online, all of which raise serious doubts about the nature of and intent behind this petition.

Interesting times…
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    https://off-guardian.org/2016/06/25/the-2nd-referendum-petition-is-wide-open-to-fraud/

and someone has written to epetitions asking for it to be withdrawn too due to fraud!
  • robin58
    The thing was this petition was placed on the Government debate page by a Leaver early THURSDAY to force a debate on the Remainers if they won.

Now the Remainers have jumped onto this petition without really understanding the way it would work in the real world. And they had the gumption to say Leavers were unintelligent.

Please people all grow up, we voted.

It may not be what you wanted but it is the result we have.
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • johnpr98
    johnpr98 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Cl77sjXVYAALWVK.jpg
    At least voters are now engaged with politics :shocked:
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Most of the petition signers were to lazy and idle to go to the polling station themselves and would only vote from the comfort of their armchair
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure