one day at a time

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your carp evening. May I be so blunt as to ask if you are fearful of OH when he's had a drink? Could that be linked to the nightmares?

Hope you did well at carboot Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You might have a good point....Yeah I do get edgy, my stomach feels like its doing somersaults. He is so unpredictable when drinking, don't get me wrong he has never been violent towards me ever, more argumentative....He is full of apologies and promises this morning funny but after the 1000th time I seem to not believe him.... Wonder why?

Anyway, thank you yes I did really well this morning made £48 and another £43 for DS sold one of his old guitars. Now in need of a nice afternoon sleepy....:D
  • safehouse
    edited 7 April 2016 at 2:39PM
    Options
    £60 paid into Mortgage today cash mainly made from carboot this morning.:T
    £5 paid into Xmas Hols..........:T
    DS has appointment with new university tomorrow, will be going with him, bit of moral support wont hurt.:D
    Postman just delivered my lovely treat, I bid on a bag from Teabay, M&S real leather and would have cost me £80 new, used but in great condition only £17 including postage....love a bargain............;)

DS 270…. CC 3,950 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£63,650 paid £36,410 remaining….Xmas Hols £55.00
  • safehouse
    edited 8 April 2016 at 7:08AM
    Options
    Quiet night last night....lovely and better than average sleep "No Nightmares"....I can see OH is making a determined effort and trying his best,he is under a tremendous amount of stress at work (unreasonable customers) but he needs to find another way, a much healthier approach as an outlet to rid all this pent up emotion, I am going to try to be a little more understanding today and see if it helps but still ......weekend upon us so feeling stress levels slightly creeping up. Quote from my very wise DS " Even if you can take away the stress the feeling of addiction and urges will still be there" so very true.....:(
    DS Uni application appointment this morning fingers crossed.
    Then off to do food shop, only problem, DS will be with me, makes cutting my food budget that little bit harder,"yep not mastered the ability to say the word NO when it comes to DS". I do however have £30 in gifty vouchers from MS so massive help towards shopping,:D hope so considering have taken £20 from usual food shop budget and paid into Mortgage this morning....anyway we will see how things go! :o
    Looking forward to next week have finances roughly worked out and should get mortgage below 36,000 and might even have a little to throw at my CC :j

DS 270…. CC 3,950 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£63,670 paid £36,330 remaining….Xmas Hols £55.00 :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    The AA website has a section for families/loved ones of those battling addiction. Might help? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • safehouse
    Options
    Thank you, have considered in the past believe me xXx
  • safehouse
    edited 9 April 2016 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Why do some people "builders in this case" ask for work to be done then make excuses to pay, when the work is completed.:mad:...OH has worked for a builder for couple of weeks now, paid the lads wages on behalf of the builder, bought materials from suppliers on the behalf of the builder and today when all the blooming work is completed and the customers are very happy with the work....The A**e builder who has now been paid I must add is making pathetic excuses and refusing to pay the men who actually did the work, whilst he sits on his **** in his 500,000 house, probably paid for by small businesses like ourselves...........I am so angry, with constantly ripped off, this has happened so many times, we are lucky we haven't gone under:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Oooooh need to take molly moo for a walk and try to cool off:( £3,000 potential loss:mad:

DS 270…. CC 3,950 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£63,680 paid £36,320 remaining….Xmas Hols £55.00
  • safehouse
    edited 9 April 2016 at 8:52PM
    Options
    phew calmed down now, only took me 5 hours and face almost back to normal color....wait and see what happens with last post, nothing else we can do really....
    Looking forward to tomorrow selling at carbooty, always an experience, with lots of good fun.....
    so smiley post instead lol:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • kat328
    kat328 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hope you've managed to cool down a bit - I'd be fuming as well though, I don't know how some people live with themselves. Hope you manage to get it all sorted x
    Starting Weight 28.03.16: 16 stone 11:eek:
    Debts as at 05/10/22 35,071.97:eek:

House ISA: 0
  • safehouse
    Options
    Thanks Kat ....sort of calmed down, trying not to think about it. Sad thing is some people can just very well do that and live with it easily....without losing a wink of sleep in the process Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure