Prestige Flowers - Anything but Prestige

Comments

• paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good to hear about a decent company. Lets hope everyone thinking of ordering flowers sees this thread and avoids Prestige.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • I received an expensive bunch of flowers from this company, sent by my sister. The roses had NO LEAVES at all and the outside petals of some were brown. I had the ping pong emails, firstly telling me how to look after them and then telling me that their 100% guarantee didnt apply to flowers sent by courier.....how else do they send them???? Pigeon???
    I sent the photo of the leafless roses , they reckoned there was nothing wrong with them.....very professional florists eh, take all the leaves off old roses.
    I was offered 25% discount voucher which ive refused.....have no intention paying the remaining 75%. I have also contactex tv Watchdog if anyone else would like to back me up.....its easy to do onthe website. Companies like this ought to go out of business in my opinion.
  • paulfoel
    Lakes_lady wrote: »
    I received an expensive bunch of flowers from this company, sent by my sister. The roses had NO LEAVES at all and the outside petals of some were brown. I had the ping pong emails, firstly telling me how to look after them and then telling me that their 100% guarantee didnt apply to flowers sent by courier.....how else do they send them???? Pigeon???
    I sent the photo of the leafless roses , they reckoned there was nothing wrong with them.....very professional florists eh, take all the leaves off old roses.
    I was offered 25% discount voucher which ive refused.....have no intention paying the remaining 75%. I have also contactex tv Watchdog if anyone else would like to back me up.....its easy to do onthe website. Companies like this ought to go out of business in my opinion.

Thats just it though - they are a scam site. They know the flowers they supply are sub-standard.

They also know that they're going to get complaints and are very good at not refunding - thats they're business model.

Whereas most business are not happy to recieve complaints, these shysters know its coming and know how to deal with or not.
  • I ordered from prestige, the flowers were, well below standard, I ordered rose and Lilly package which came to £30 I got fore pink roses and 1 Lilly and they are trying to pass that of as standard size. The flowere were not arranged in a bouquet. I've requested a full refund as my mum was upset with quality nor the fact I ordered on 16th requested delivery for 18th and never got here till 19th. They seem fixated on size issue and missing out the fact I also complained about overall quality for what I was paying for nor did it match the presentation on their website. Do not use at all. They emails also seem to be cut and pastes fro previous emails.

Any help would be appreciated
  • paulfoel
    Mephi - Im afraid you're unlikely to get anywhere as the rest of us have tried. Thats their business model - they never give refunds they just know they can send any old crap and theres no much you can do about it.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I guess they pay for the reviews posted to Review Centre: http://www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Florists/Prestige-Flowers-www-prestigeflowers-co-uk-reviews_1482817.

Most of the reviewers appear to be on-time posters.
  • SnowTiger wrote: »
    I guess they pay for the reviews posted to Review Centre: http://www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Florists/Prestige-Flowers-www-prestigeflowers-co-uk-reviews_1482817.

Most of the reviewers appear to be on-time posters.

I guess so; the significant proportion of 1 star reviews should make anyone think twice though?
  • paulfoel
    Some very fake looking 5 star reviews on that site. Makes you wonder how easy it is.

Knock out some crap flowers, take the money, fake the reviews to get new customers.
  • I would like to share everyone with a personal bad experience I was having with Prestige Flowers and would like to warn people.

I have placed an order (flowers for my wife's birthday) through their website a few days ago for a next day delivery.

The next day, the flowers haven't arrived and when I have called, their customer service couldn't find any order matching my order number. They have therefore have forwarded the case to their IT department which a day after have magically been able to find an a matching order.

Customer care team from this point had insisted that the reason the order wasn't delivered on time was because it was ordered to be delivered on a past date. At this point I have requested to cancel the order and asked for a full refund and also mentioned that I think they should compensate me for that.

I have emailed them and said that selecting a past date isn't possible through their website, instead of acknowledging their error and apologizing, they have insisted to continue to argue, saying that in fact I could have placed an order with a past date if I wouldn't complete the order process the day I claimed I did and left the same delivery date intact.

I have emailed them back and told them it wasn't the case since I have quoted an order number (something you get only when you finish an order process) when I have called to check why my order hasn't been delivered on time. The response here was:
    Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry but all I can advise is what is on our ordering system. Regardless of whether it was an error on our part or yours I cannot offer any further recompense as you have been fully refunded.

I am sorry that you're unhappy but I cannot help you further

I strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs, especially if you rely on a trustworthy company who delivers on time and moreover, have good customer care team.
  • paulfoel
    Bunch of idiots. They know if they screw up just refund nothing lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport