PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    I received a letter today from Barclays to say they have sent my complaint onto Canada Square!
    That is what I would have expected to happen. Obviously, someone sent you a standard letter instead.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is what I would have expected to happen.

What? That Resolver would be a less effective way of doing it than just sending it direct to the bank? Whoda thunk it? :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    What? That Resolver would be a less effective way of doing it than just sending it direct to the bank?
    Well that too. ;)
    However, I was saying that I fully expected Barclays to forward the complaint to the correct address.
  • mrsval
    mrsval Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive checked the PPI claims list and Northern rock building society isn't there is there a reason why please
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrsval wrote: »
    Ive checked the PPI claims list and Northern rock building society isn't there is there a reason why please

Because they no longer exist. Did the credit crunch just pass you by? ;)

NRAM are taking complaints for things retailed via NR. They are not taking complaints for things retailed by third parties (eg mortgage brokers).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Peanuts&Woodstock
    Options
    I had a mobile phone contract with Orange/ motorola in the mid/late 1990s and I believed I paid £4.99 p/month for cover but I've not come across the paperwork; how would I go about trying to find evidence electronically?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 February 2017 at 12:14AM
    Options
    I had a mobile phone contract with Orange/ motorola in the mid/late 1990s and I believed I paid £4.99 p/month for cover but I've not come across the paperwork; how would I go about trying to find evidence electronically?
    Why do you think you should get a refund of mobile 'phone insurance?

Unless you actually didn't have a 'phone at the time, I can't see any reason?

Regardless, if you don't have any documentation from almost three decades ago you are basically stuffed because there is no way anyone else will either. There is also no electronic means of retrieving information about your finances from so long ago.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

You won't find evidence electronically as your data is not in the pubic domain. You are reliant on your records and their records.

Phone insurance is not PPI.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Was wondering if I could possibly has a little more help please?

When I used Resolver regarding the Egg loan PPI I also sent a claim to HFC bank as I found a settlement letter dated 2002 for a loan and the calculation shows a figure `Less Insurance Premium refund due to you`. I am assuming the Insurance Premium they refer to is PPI as I don`t know what other insurance it could be.

I have received a reply from HSBC saying the HFC account has now been transferred to them and they have asked me to complete another form (same as I have already done on Resolver) and have asked for more information. I already attached a copy of the settlement letter from HFC bank. This is the only information I have regarding the loan.

Just wondering if anyone has had to fill a form out twice for the same claim, saying exactly the same? I`m really a bit stuck as I have nothing else I can tell them or send them? As always I`m grateful for any pointers in the right direction. Thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

Was wondering if I could possibly has a little more help please?

When I used Resolver regarding the Egg loan PPI I also sent a claim to HFC bank as I found a settlement letter dated 2002 for a loan and the calculation shows a figure `Less Insurance Premium refund due to you`. I am assuming the Insurance Premium they refer to is PPI as I don`t know what other insurance it could be.

I have received a reply from HSBC saying the HFC account has now been transferred to them and they have asked me to complete another form (same as I have already done on Resolver) and have asked for more information. I already attached a copy of the settlement letter from HFC bank. This is the only information I have regarding the loan.

Just wondering if anyone has had to fill a form out twice for the same claim, saying exactly the same? I`m really a bit stuck as I have nothing else I can tell them or send them? As always I`m grateful for any pointers in the right direction. Thanks

If they are asking for more information then provide it or say you don't remember. No-one has a perfect memory and they understand that
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback