Any Crocheters?? Help please.

mollsnan
mollsnan Posts: 187 Forumite
Hoping some experienced crocheted can help me out. My daughter has given me 14x50gms balls of Patons Moonglow wool. It's a chunky I would like to crochet a corner to corner blanket but haven't a clue what size blanket this stash is likely to yield, or how much contrast wool I would need to add to achieve something of a useful size. Any suggestions?

Comments

• CUL8R
    CUL8R Posts: 40 Forumite
    Not sure how far that amount would go for crochet but it would knit approx a ladies sweater. Why not do corner to corner 12 inch squares, first square would tell you how far it goes, then join o make blanket. IMO that would be better than running out before the end.

Go to Pinterest for more ideas

https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/c2c-crochet-blanket/

Hope that helps.
    CUL8R
  • mollsnan
    mollsnan Posts: 187 Forumite
    Culr8 many thanks for your suggestion will give it a go.
  • Would love to know if you completed the blanket?
  • Molillie
    Molillie Posts: 134 Forumite
    with a definite number of balls, I'd go up until I'd used a little under half the amount, and then do the decreasing. This could be applied to squares or rectangles. I'd use any leftover to go around the edge. I get most of my yarns from charity shops and the like, and do this a lot. If the size is important to you, try a test square with two balls, increase on one, decrease on the second, and see how that goes. (just realised that this is quite old, hope you made something you like!)
  • If I have a limited number of balls of a specific yarn I generally stick with a granny blanket so I can stop when the yarn does! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure