PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• ooh there's one in Camden? I've been trailing up to Picadilly Circus...
    Ooh yeah - it's on Parkway, just up from the Jazz Cafe, if you know that.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    ooh there's one in Camden? I've been trailing up to Picadilly Circus...

No.

No - Bad BrassicWoman!

Next month!

;)
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    NewShadow wrote: »
    No.

No - Bad BrassicWoman!

Next month!

;)

hah hah, can;t afford to go again this mnth anyway. And all the things I got were delicious but unhealthy....! So mainly aldi super six til month end.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Total spends so far 175.77/400 and it's only the 5th of the month :doh:

I always overspend at the start of the month and spend the rest of the month trying to catch up. Hoping that if I take part in this challenge for a few months I'll learn to organise myself better
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite

I always overspend at the start of the month and spend the rest of the month trying to catch up. Hoping that if I take part in this challenge for a few months I'll learn to organise myself better

I think thats normal people stock up then start to use what they have.

I did my budget weekly but think it will need to be changed to monthly to account for that.

Off to do my first GC shop today, going to the scan and shop so I can keep track of spend as I go along.
  • iammumtoone
    Forumite
    worked out what my budget would be monthly its £300 :eek::eek: OMG surely I cant spend that much there is only two of us!

It does cost more as I cook two separate meals each night so its really £150 per person x 2 (although that still sounds a lot)

I could get my half down as I will eat anything, any brand. DS not so, he will only eat certain brands/products. I have tried putting non branded into branded boxes - he can tell, then won't eat that product again as he no longer likes it :mad:

If I buy a pack of sausages do I get two packs, his brand and a cheaper version for myself. Even with just one pack some will have to be frozen so that would mean it takes up more freezer space which I don't have.
  • We did actually go shopping yesterday. Spent a total of 48 € which is still under our 50 € per week budget. As many others here with did buy in bulk and now have a nice stock. Let's see how much we spend next week :)
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    donnajt wrote: »
    3rd Shop: total so far: £15.84)

Big Shop Mr T = £ 152.97

Total £174.50

Bloody hell, shocked at what I've spent in less than a week :mad::eek:

4th/5th Shop: total so far: £174.50

Butchers 5kg chicken = £23.00
    Asda: Crisps/Smash = £3.58

Total £201.08

I'm horrified
  • MissRikkiC
    MissRikkiC Posts: 1,236
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone for such kind words and hugs this week. I am 100% better than I was earlier in the week and feeling fresh and determined to be okay from now. I do get that it's also okay if I'm not okay, but here's hoping.

Shopped at Aldo and Tesci today for weeks shopped after doing stock take and meal plan over my morning coffee. Spent £31 vs a budget of £25 but had to get stocked up on loo roll, bin liners, fairy etc so I'm not too fussed.

Currently at £55/£100 with 2 weeks still to go.

To the lady who asked about using left over hot dog rolls, try the courgette and bread soup from save with Jamie. We have this quite alot and i also recently used left over hot dog rolls. Works fine :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ... even though it's raining! X
    Here i am again.... Older but not any wiser!

My Debt Free Diary - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6275380/pay-for-the-future-and-not-the-past#latest
  • iammumtoone
    Forumite
    MissRikkiC wrote: »
    To the lady who asked about using left over hot dog rolls, try the courgette and bread soup from save with Jamie. We have this quite alot and i also recently used left over hot dog rolls. Works fine :)

I am not over keen on soup but will give this a try, thanks. Its my kind of recipe, simple ingredients and simple instructions. Do you have the book? Do all the recipes use ingredients you have actually heard of/can source easily and are simple to make (thats my criteria before I attempt a new dish)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure