Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,693 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    :rotfl: :D I've been tempted, I confess :o and I'm not generally given to violence :o I'm a bit of a scaredycat when it comes to complaining at the best of times, and especially when someone has the power to create even more havoc if I !!!! them off :o Once we've moved though he'll be gettig a stern letter - and if any of them ring to ask why I haven't filled in the life insurance forms they'll be getting a mouthful :D

Pizza for tea tonight - found a limited edition beetroot and butternut squash one in Iceland for £1.59 so we're experimenting :money: rock n roll Saturday night here :D But we did go out for breakfast AND a cuppa later so it's about time we stayed in for a bit :o
  • Life assurance, I did mine through one of the cash back sites and got £140 back so worth checking. Took a year to pay out though.

We took a round number out on the basis that one or both of us usually has some cover through work, rather than the actual amount of the mortgage.
  • Cheery_Daff
    That's worth knowing redofromstart, thank you! :T

Hate getting stupid insurance quotes - already had 3 phone calls following up this morning :eek: Normally I'd ignore numbers that I don't know, but I'm waiting to hear various things about house stuff, and Mr Cheery is having some hospital tests this morning and the hospital are going to ring me to collect him, and they ring from a private number, so I have to answer the phone...

Hey ho! Will end up working from home once I've collected Mr Cheery (he's fine by the way) so at least I can make lunch etc and avoid the vending machine... :money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Oops, meant to say I had a £5 study FINALLY approved on Prolific, so have just cashed out £21.31 :money: That can go straight in the Patchwork Fund when it arrives :j
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Cheery it's all moving at last. Yay! Hmm! at the life insurance quote though. I woouldn't go with the broker either! Our life insurance is slightly more than that and I bet yours is no where near as complicated as ours!

It is a faff though, getting quotes. Good luck to you. I hope Mr Cheery is okay at the hospital and that you can collect him soon.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Mr Cheery is fine, just tired. We're home now and he's watching a film while I do some work (kind of)

Tis indeed moving - although not very quickly as the building society are taking their customary three days to respond to the solicitor's simple query about the 40p issue... I chased solicitor, he told me to ask broker to chase building society - I did, but wish I hadn't, as I don't think they *quite* get it and I'm fearful they may have waded in and complicated things :wall:

I'm not doing anything else now - tomorrow is the building society's third day since the solicitor sent the letter so they will hopefully just respond to him and ignore broker...

Still no response from seller's estate agent about the boiler - but I'm not chasing them either until this stupid 40p nonsense is sorted out...
  • Have you remembered to check the relevant box on the comparison sites to tell the insurers not to contact you direct Cheery? I always do that as I don't want all and sundry having my number passed through to them! Sometimes they do just ignore it, but that doesn't seem to happen *that* often.

Glad to hear Mr C is home and all is good. :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Have you remembered to check the relevant box on the comparison sites to tell the insurers not to contact you direct Cheery?

Clearly not :D Didn't see a box like that yesterday and I've not done this for months so I'd forgotten all about it and so didn't go looking... Ah well - I'll remember last time. I fobbed them all off with 'I'm in work and I was only looking for quotes cos we won't be moving for weeks anyway' :D
  • :rotfl::rotfl: which for the first time might not be the truth! Hopefully not TOO many weeks, now! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Hopefully not! :j Although as usual, I'll believe it when it happens... :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure