Scottish Amicable mortgage protection PPI ?

2»

Comments

• I was thinking of taking this complaint directly to the FOS and let them deal with it ?
    You have no access to the Ombudsman until you've allowed the seller of your insurance the allotted time to consider your complaint as per the correct complaints procedure.

Read this article and follow the simple steps;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • Hi
    I am new to these forums and would like some help with a possible ppi complaint i may have

I have a Royal Sun alliance Mortgage payment protection, which i was monthly for. It is dated back to 1998 but i have the original paperwork and agreements.

I was thinking of taking this complaint directly to the FOS and let them deal with it ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
    What is the basis of your claim ?
  • Hi Brokerwise

Thank you for your reply,

I was not aware that ppi was placed on my policy, i already had ppi with my mortgage in place then and was told my policy would not include ppi. me and my wife were not aware of this policy altogether to be honest but thinking back we always used to decline ppi
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    ...I was not aware that ppi was placed on my policy, ...

Then what did cover did you believe was being provided by your "Royal Sun alliance Mortgage payment protection" policy?
  • i was made to believe it has been put on there to help my application being accepted by royal sun alliance
  • i was made to believe it has been put on there to help my application being accepted by royal sun alliance
    Unless you can somehow prove this, your complaint is utterly weak.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    i was made to believe it has been put on there to help my application being accepted by royal sun alliance

But you said before;
    ....I was not aware that ppi was placed on my policy ...

and
    .... me and my wife were not aware of this policy ...

which is something quite different.

And what application were you hoping would be accepted by royal sun alliance as a result?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2014 at 12:00AM
    antrobus wrote: »
    And what application were you hoping would be accepted by royal sun alliance as a result?
    User "davefairbrother" seems completely lacking in any knowledge about how to make a mis-selling complaint or even what his complaint is actually about. I've put him straight on his other thread(s).
    Clearly, just as you imply, Royal Sun Alliance didn't provide his mortgage...
  • The OP seems completely lacking in any knowledge about how to make a mis-selling complaint or even what his complaint is actually about. I've put him straight on his other thread(s).
    Clearly, just as you imply, Royal Sun Alliance didn't provide his mortgage...
    Except that we are not talking about the OP.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2014 at 12:01AM
    Except that we are not talking about the OP.
    Don't split hairs, I'm talking about the poster who hijacked this thread at post #11:p

(I've amended the earlier post, to avoid any further confusion)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure